𝟕𝟏. 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Elle woke up the next day with a more positive attitude. Maybe it was because George had seemed concerned about her the night before. She had told her fast thinking mind that it didn't mean anything and that he was just shocked to see her wake up in charms looking terrified.

Thursday went past well as she only had two lessons (Herbology and Care of magical creatures). Elle noticed that Fred didn't seem as annoyed by her as they looked over the Mimbulus mimbletonia carefully.

She was sure that Fred was never really hated her, after all hatred wasn't really in his nature. He was always so kind and sweet, funny and a brilliant laugh. Elle had considered him a close friend.

She missed him a lot (not as much as she missed George but still a lot). For a moment in herbology it felt like everything was going to go back to normal.

He'd only asked her to pass him some more soil but the smile he had given her seemed causal and friendly which made a change from the strangely angered glances he'd been giving her recently.

Care of magical creatures on the other hand wasn't brilliant. She sat with Emilia studying the properties of a moon calf which although were very cute animals, weren't that interesting to learn about.

The two brunettes poured over 'fantastic beasts and where to find them' by Newt Scammander.
"these calves have bigger eyes than trelawney" Elle sniggered as they looked over a picture of them.

Hagrid gave the two girls a weird glance as they burst out in laughter at the comparison between the creature and the professor.

✰✰✰

Dinner that night was pasta and Elle felt very fulfilled when her and the girls traipsed back up to the common room.

The fire wasn't lit as the warm may sun heated the school enough meaning it wasn't needed. The group laughed around listening carefully as Fred and George dramatically acted out the prank they'd pulled on Ron earlier that day.

Elle laughed along, even if she hadn't wanted to she couldn't help it. The twins were hilarious and anyone who said otherwise would be kidding themselves. Therefore she found herself laughing with everyone else.

"he didn't even realise" Fred yelled out. Elle could see Ron sitting across the room still scowling while rubbing what seemed to be paint out of his hair.

"brilliant" Lee sighed proudly "absolutely brilliant"
"i'll keep laughing as long as you never do that to me" Lauren smiled sweetly as Katie rolled her eyes.

People started disappearing up into the dorm rooms one by one. This time Elle made sure she wasn't one of the last even if she wasn't even tired. She paced up the stairs with Alicia not looking back.

If she had looked back she would have seen George staring after her with a look of guilt and longing. The joking twin had never felt more alone even though he had only lost one person in his life.