𝟏𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"Trelawney, are you out of your mind" Elle hissed to George. It was the following morning, after George has convinced the brunette that she was unlikely to have any more nightmares, she reluctantly went to bed wanting to know more about the twin's secret plan.

"Well she is the expert in divination which is like... future and stuff" George shrugged as they paced along the corridor. The rising sun was still gleaming orange through the stone windows signalling that they were wandering around way too early.
"Yeah she's definitely not completely crazy" Elle rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"A thank you would be nice" George huffed,
"Thank you, you happy now?"
They climbed the ladder into the divination classroom and stared around blankly, it always smelled of dust and lavender in this room, the light made the room shine as the crystal ball's reflected this into tiny rainbows which danced on the walls. Elle hated divination and being in the room when unnecessary seemed even worse.

George and Elle stood silently looking around for the strange teacher when suddenly they spotted her dusting some tea cups in the corner.
"Professor" she jumped and dropped the tea cup sending it smashing across the floor in a hundred pieces,
"She obviously didn't see that coming" Elle muttered under her breath but the ginger ignored her.

"Oh hello dears" she sang in her high pitched voice waving her wand to correct the damage she'd just done to the cup, "we haven't got a lesson now have we?" She smiled but the pair shook their heads.

Elle eyed the teacher cautiously, her hair was mad with frizz and her glasses made her eyes look double the size, for some reason Elle had never warmed to the teacher and was grateful that she didn't require any extra lessons with her.

George replied "no" to Trewlaney and turned to Elle with an expecting glance, the teacher turned to her and it seemed like the room heat up as the girl flushed pink.
"I um... i was wondering if it was possible that someone could predict the future... through a dream" the professor squinted her large eyes as the brunette fidgeted nervously.

"If one has the gift then yes that would be possible... why do you ask such things?"
"One of Elle's dreams came true" George intercepted and Trelawney tilted her head in surprise,
"Really my dear? From what I could see in my lessons it seemed as though you did not possess the gift" she smiled sweetly, Elle felt her blood boil slightly but tried to remain calm.

"What was this dream about may I ask?"
"About me falling and George catching me... in quidditch" the last part wasn't exactly true as in her dream Elle had fallen through the floor yet she doubted this detail really mattered,
"And how similar was the dream to real life" the teacher continued,
"Very" Elle smiled certainly.
"And are you sure this couldn't have been a coincidence?" Elle paused for a moment which was all it took for Trelawney to pounce on her as though she was some pray.