𝟕𝟐. 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Elle opened her eyes slowly unsure of her surroundings. It was early, it must be. The common room was still dim which meant the curtains hadn't opened themselves yet. Wait. The common room? Why was she in the common room and not up in her bed?

The next thing she noticed was that she wasn't alone. Someone was lying on the sofa behind her with their arm laid lazily over her waist. That's when the memories flooded back. She'd made up with George. They were together again.

She felt so happy that she could burst. However she decided to stay still since she wasn't sure whether George was awake yet and she certainly didn't want to be the one who woke him. There was a blanket strewn over them carelessly.

After a few moments, Elle decided she couldn't lie still anymore. Slowly she edged herself out from under George's arm and turned to look at him. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, he had a smirk on his face even now.

Elle sat on the floor not sure what to do now. She looked at her watch which informed her that it was seven in the morning. It was Saturday so students wouldn't be up for a while yet.

She felt weird just sitting watching him sleep but there was something oddly comforting about it. Elle had missed George a lot, not just being with him but being friends with him. Her friendship with the Weasley twins had undoubtedly made her Hogwarts experience better and no one could change her mind about that.

A few minutes past and she realised she'd been staring at the boy for two long. She didn't want to leave him here sleeping on the sofa in case people started ebbing into the common room however she was against waking him up. He looked too peaceful.

Considering it was so early, Elle didn't see a problem in going to get ready and coming back. She highly doubted people would be up by then in a Saturday, after all breakfast didn't start until half eight which was still more than an hour away.

✰✰✰

She paced up the stone stairs into her dormitory. The girls were all asleep wrapped in blankets with hair strewn all over their faces. Alicia was snoring softly and muttering about potions. Apart from that the room was silent.

The dazzling orange sunrise was flowing through the window and lighting the room beautifully. It made the gold details stand out that bit more and made Elle's curly hair look like a bright lions mane.

She retrieved some clothes for herself as well as her toiletries bag and made her way to the showers feeling positively buzzing about the turn of events.

Her shower was the perfect temperature as she allowed the water to run down on the crown of her head and soak over her like a waterfall. She closed her eyes and relaxed while smelling in the soft coconut perfumes from her shampoo.

She changed into a loose t shirt and a patterned skirt. Having to change from her usual jeans and a sweater seeing as it was summer now. Her hair was soaked and now longer than usual as all the curls were weighed down.