𝟏𝟒𝟖. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The scream that filled the corridor wouldn't be heard over the yells and cries from the battle raging outside but Elle knew it was all she wanted to hear. She fell against the wall next to Ally and stared at her dark open eyes longing them to blink.
"You weren't supposed to go" whispered Elle as she stared at the girl she'd always considered her best friend and her sister "I don't want you to go"

Elle wanted to stay by her friends side forever but as the continuous battle went on she knew she couldn't. The brunette stood up staring down at her friend,
"I'll come back for you" she muttered "I'll find you after this is over and I'll... I'll tell Angelina you love her"
She took one last look at her friend before walking hurriedly the other way.

She had to find George.
His heart was still beating she knew that much, Elle continued to run round corner after corner past duels and yells and other bodies lying on the floor.
The only thought in her mind were the words of Alicia swirling in her head.

"I'm not leaving, not really"

More tears formed in her eyes as she just kept on running, she didn't want to be here anymore. Why did she even think a battle would be a good idea, something to cheer for. This was torture she'd already lost two people that she knew tonight and she couldn't afford to lose anymore.

"I'm going to never land Elle ... and I won't ever have to grow up"

She rounded another corner at high speed almost colliding with the person running the other way. It was Angelina.
"Elle have you seen Ally I've been looking for her everywhere" she called. Elle burst into tears and fell against her friends shoulder.
"Elle what's wrong" Angelina muttered in concern.

"Tell Angelina I love her"

"She loves you" Elle sobbed "Ally loves you"
"Yeah I know she does" Angelina frowned as she pulled Elle away from her shoulder "so where is she"
Elle shook her head wildly as tears continued to pour down her face.
"Elle" Angelina yelled "where is she"

"She's dead" Elle choked out the words like poison "she told me to tell you that she loves you"
"She can't be dead Elle where is she?"
"She is" Elle cried "I was with her... I watched her die"
Angelina fell silent.

"Where is she?" The dark haired girl repeated,
"In the corridor by the entrance hall" Elle sobbed "I can't go back Ang I can't"
Elle let go of Angelina and watched her sprint off in the direction she had just come from. Grief filled Elle like a disease as she stumbled up the corridor.

"Sisters don't leave each other"

She had to find George, she needed him more than ever.
Fights ensued down the corridor as she ran feeling as though her legs could cave in at any moment. Her vision was blurred and lights flashed before them as she raced though the school.