𝟏𝟎𝟐. 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐦

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The beginning of April marked the twins eighteenth birthdays however as well as that it marked another DA meeting. Elle was particularly excited about this one as Harry had mentioned they'd be staring on conjuring a patronus. This had been was Elle had been looking forward to most of all, mainly because she wanted to see what animal hers would become.

"Happy birthday to you!" The group sang as they sat around the fire an hour before the DA meeting was set to begin,

"Happy birthday to you!" They'd decided to wait until the evening to celebrate considering their wasn't much time between lessons.

"Happy birthday Fred and George" they sang quickly to fit both names into the song.

"Happy birthday to you"

The group cheered and Fred stopped pretending to conduct the group.
"How's it feel to be one year older" Katie grinned as she added her present to the growing pile on the table,
"Feel like I could put my back out at any moment" Fred joked as he began opening the presents.

They mostly received items from Zonko's joke shop which was a go to present for the twins,
"Mind when we open a joke shop you can no longer buy from the competition" he warned as he examined the special edition pack of exploding snap that Elle had bought them,
"Well we can't exactly get you items from your own joke shop for your birthday can we" Lauren frowned as she continuously flicked small pieces of wrapping paper into the fire.

"I guess not" George frowned,
As they joked around drinking swigs of fire whiskey that Lee had bought the twins, they saw Harry, Ron and Hermione stand up at the other side of the room which meant it was nearly time for the DA meeting to start.
"Locamotor presents" George muttered and with a flick of his wand, the stack of presents zoomed away nicely into their dorm room.

✰✰✰

They walked in small groups to the room of requirement just in case Umbridge was in a suspicious mood. Or more accurately, just in case Mrs Norris was prowling the corridors.
When they arrived, a lot of the class were already there meaning they could shut the door behind them keeping their practicing room hidden.

"Hi everyone" Harry chirped brightly "so as you know, today we are going to be practicing the patronus" there was an audible gasp and chatter of excitement around the room,
"So to conjure a patronus you have to be able to think of a really happy memory, it has to be really happy or the charm won't work"
Elle thought to herself about a memory she could use.

"The incantation is expecto patronum, now don't be disheartened if you don't get it first time it's very advanced stuff so it might take a few gos for you to get it, it might not even happen this lesson but that's completely fine"
The groups spread out over the room to start trying to cast the spell. The room filled with shouts of expecto patronum but for a while nothing happened.