10

"I can't believe you did that," Maeve scolded the four at lunch, she turned to Fred, "are you going to eat that?" She pointed at his dinner roll, he nodded no. "You could of waited for me." She said as she took a bite of it and looked at the 4, bugged eye and silent.

"What do I have something on my face." She went to touch her face but Fred grab her hand and laughed.

"We didn't think you're the pranking type." George said

"She's not." Julia laughed

"Why not, you two always seem to have fun, I want to have fun." She smirked as she noticed Fred still had her hand in his grip.

"What did that Hippogriff do to you, are you well? What happened to my Maeve?" Cedric said as he put his hand to her forehead, she swatted it away.

"I want to have fun with people, I hear what people say about me. That my only friends are animals. I mean I get it, I do hang out with them a lot but I hang out with people too." She seemed embarrassed, none of them really thought about how she felt when people said things about her. They didn't know it affected her, because she never said anything. It was rare when people did talk badly about her, but there was still some people who whisper when she walks by.

"I mean I'm a Scamander, we know we're odd it's in our DNA, but it does get annoying after a while." She looked up and caught Cedrics eyes, "Ced whats wrong."

"You're talking about your feelings... You never do that." Cedric looked at Julia

"Maybe that Hippogriff did do something to her." 

Maeve laughed at her friends concerns, "I just feel comfortable around you guys, also Pomfrey gave me some pain reliever, so that could be it, good thing I'm not talking about my dead dad right! Anyways I have potions, what do you guys have?" Looking at the twins.

Julia snorted, the boys were clearly uncertain if they should laugh or not, but George couldn't hold it in. "You're an interesting girl, Scamander." George winked at her.

"Maeve." Adrian Pucey walked up to their table. Maeve ignored the looks Cedric and the twins were giving the boy.

"Hi, Adrian!" she smiled up at him, picking up a roll, "bread?"

He gently took the roll out of her hand, "Thanks. Uh sorry about Malfoy." he told her, "We'll take care of it."

"That's okay," she laughed, "Someone else did."

"Oh!" he seemed startled, leaning down to closer to her, "was it you?"

"No." she looked confused, "I was in the hospital wing when it happened."

"Right, duh." he said, "Alright," he looked at the twins, "I'll take care of my housemate next time."

"Sure." Fred snarled, "We'll let you know when we take up on your offer."

George death stare the kid.

"Bye Mae." Adrian smiled and walked off.

"Bye!"

She turned to see all her friends staring at him.

"Will you stop!"

"He's kind of cute." Julia stated casually.

"For a worm." Cedric said, Mae and Cedric looked at Julia with concern.

"What!"

"What happened wit-"

"We're just friends anyways."