Chapter 52

A week had passed since the detention, first week of classes went fine after that. She was enjoying her NEWT classes, she was bummed that not all of them were with the twins but she understood since they failed most of their O.W.L.S. She was more excited to tell Fred about her day since they were apart most of the time, meals weren't enough time fo her to talk about them. She felt bad that she talks so much but he didn't care, he loved hearing her talk about her day, she was having more good days than bad recently and he was happy about that.

She was sitting in the library one day during her free period doing some research for a side project.

"Hello, Scamander." George sat down on her right side and Fred sat on her left.

"You guys are supposed to be in Alchemy right now." She raised her eyebrows at the boys, "why are you here?"

"A Ravenclaw girl, caught her table on fire so Professor Babbling let us out early today." Fred laughed, "this is suppose to be your free period, why are stuck in the library?" He grabbed the book in front of her. "Mandrakes? Why are you reading this, we learned about this second year."

She bit her lip, she didn't want anyone to know what she was up to, "Uh, just some light reading." She smiled, grabbing the book back and shoving it in her bag, "lets go hang out in the courtyard then." She got up grabbing Fred's hand, he shot his brother a look.

After their last class, Maeve spotted Professor Sprout in the hall.

"Save me a spot?" She looked at Fred.

"Always." He smiled, she ran off to catch up with Sprout, "Professor Sprout! Wait up!"

"What is she up to?" George asked Fred

"I have no idea, she's been doing some weird readings lately. All stuff we've already learned about." He shrugged

"Oh well, maybe they're for the NEWT classes she's taking."

"Yeah you're probably right. Smart people stuff." Fred laughed

"She seems happy so I guess we shouldn't jinx it." The two went off to the Great Hall for dinner.

"Professor Sprout! Wait up!"

"Ah, Maeve. How are you today?" She smiled at the girl.

"Really well!" She smiled back, catching her breathe, "I just had a question for you."

"Oh! Ask a way?"

"Well I have been doing some research on Mandrake leaves? I was wondering what you can tell me about them, more than what we learned second year."

"Um well, it's used a lot in potions and some times are food for select few creatures. Is that why you're asking? For a creature?"

"Yeah, of course." She lies.

"Well if you need any, you're more than welcome to take some from the greenhouse. But make sure you wear your earmuffs, but you know that already." She smiled as the two walked into the Great Hall.

"Really? Thank you! I can do some extra maintenance around the greenhouses to make up for the missing leaves."

"Works for me! Alright I'm gonna go eat, I am very hungry."

"Thank you professor." She walked up to the twins

"Hey Maeve!" Harry said

"Hey Harry" she smiled, "Hey guys." She looked up at the rest of the Gryffindors.

"What did you need Sprout for?" Fred asked, pushing her a plate of food he had made for her.