Chapter 39

Maeve walked into the common room, tracing her lips where his once was. She was glowing with happiness. When she looked up, she saw her best friends peeking over the side of the couch smiling at her.

"Go put on your pjs and come cuddle!" Cedric yelled, "and then tell us everything!"

"Okay okay!" She ran up to the dorm. Julia turned to Cedric, "Our girl is growing up so fast"

Maeve came back down, "I can either tell you two about how we literally just danced all night staring into each other's eyes. Or I can show you two something really cool." She smiled, picking up her bag.

"Yes!"

The three spent the remainder of the night running around inside her bag until they all fell asleep on the tiny bed in the shed. They did this most nights after that. January went by pretty fast, nothing exciting happened. Fred and Maeve had spent many nights in the bag as well, after hours they would meet in the classroom and stay up all night talking. Falling asleep next to Fred was easy, it was peaceful. February was coming to end which meant the second task was coming up.

Maeve was doing her rounds around the hall late at night when she ran into Professor McGonagall.

"Oh good evening Professor."

"I was actually just looking for you."

"You were? Am I in trouble?"

"Oh, of course not! Dumbledore needs you in his office, follow me."

When they got to his office she saw Ron and Hermione, who also looked as confused as her. Dumbledore came in and looked at us, "The second task requires the champions to have something to save, and that hostage has to be someone close to them. So, for Potter, we've chosen Mr.Weasley, For Krum, we've chosen Miss. Granger, for Delacour, we've chosen her younger sister and for Diggory, we've chosen Miss. Scamander." The three looked terrified, Maeve knew it had to deal with merpeople so a lot of scenarios were racing throughout her mind.

"We will be putting you guys under a spell," said McGonagall firmly. Maeve's jaw tightened, she looked over at Ron and Hermione who looked like they were about to pass out. "You'll be put under an enchanted sleep, so that when the champions rescues you, you will awake."

"You will be safe." Dumbledore added. And with that, Maeve was hit with a force and fell into a dreamless state.

The next morning, Cedric and Julia were waiting by the Great Hall entrance for Maeve. They assumed she spent the night with Fred in her bag, but then they saw the twins.

"Is she not with you guys?"

"Who?" The twins said in unison.

"Maeve." Julia answered, with a worried expression.

"No, I knew she had rounds late last night so maybe she fell asleep in her bag." Fred said.

"Weird, she usually tells me when she's not sleeping in the dorm."

"Maybe she did, but got up early." George assured her.

"Her bed didn't looked slept in." Julia was now full on worried.

"I don't think we should worry, its Maeve, she disappears all the time, maybe she just needed to hang out with her creatures for a bit. They calm her down and I know she was stressed about Cedrics next tasked." Fred said, even though he was now getting nervous too. The four went and sat down, all periodically looking at the door hoping she'd walk in.

"She won't miss the task, she wouldn't do that to you Cedric." Fred told him.

Cedric had headed down to the lake with the other champions, just hoping Maeve would run up behind and tackle him with one of her hugs wishing him luck. But when he ended up at the boats, she didn't come.