Chapter 89

They were often joined by other Order members for dinner now, because the Burrow had replaced number twelve, Grimmauld Place as the headquarters. Mr. Weasley had explained that after the death of Dumbledore, their Secret-Keeper, each of the people to whom Dumbledore had confided Grimmauld Place location had become a Secret-Keeper in turn. Emmeline and Sirius moved out, and back to the cottage by the sea. The kitchen was so crowded that evening it was difficult to maneuver knives and forks. Ever since Maeve witnessed Moody's death, everyone kind of has been keeping a close eye on her, especially the twins. She was sitting between the two, and because it was so tight, they were just nudging each other with their elbows as they ate.

"So you guys found his body right?" Maeve looked up, spooning some food into her mouth. Bill and Remus kind of just looked at each other and then gave a her a guilty look. She slowly placed her spoon down, which clattered with the plate and caused the kitchen to go quiet.

"Well, I know where he is. I was drunk, I probably didn't give you the right directions then."

"No. Maeve..." Bill sighed

"We found where he was, we found the outline of flowers you placed for him." Remus put his hand across the table, to try and grab her hand. Everyone kind of watched in horror, scared she was going to break. She hadn't done it yet, everyone was waiting for the explosion. Fred said she just doesn't talk about that night at all, and when the twins do she leaves the room.

"The Daily Prophet hasn't said a word about him dying or about finding the body," Bill went on. "But that doesn't mean much. It's keeping a lot quiet these days."

"Well, um..." she gulped, "Molly can you pass the salt." Molly was startled at first but passed it, watching the girl cautiously. "Julia isn't going to be coming to the next few meetings. She is moving her family out of the country." She decided to change the subject, "Since they're muggles, she just wants them to be safe.. But she says hello." She smiled, looking down at her plate. She was just hoping someone would change the subject already, and luckily the boys did.

"Wedding is this week! You guys excited?" George asked Bill and Fleur, sending them a pleading look while Fred grabbed Maeve's hand under the table. Luckily Fleur could talk for hours and that's what she did, she just talked about the wedding and then the some of the Order talked about the protection spell that was going to be put up, and Maeve felt like she could breathe again. She looked up and caught Harry's eyes.

"Tomorrow is your birthday." She smiled, "you excited?"

"Yeah." He smiled, and the two just looked at each other. He sent her comforting smile and nod. Then both of them got up and walked upstairs. Harry watched her pace the room for a bit, until she fell and began to quietly cry. This had been happening since the attack, the two of them would sneak off, and he would let her cry. They would play it off, that Harry needed advise or just wanted to hang out with her, but in reality she didn't want to break in front of everyone. So he would sit with her as she cried and vice versa. But the twins knew, the know her too well, they just didn't say anything because they knew it's what her and Harry needed.

"I am so scared Harry."

"Me too."

"Let's head home." Fred knocked on the bedroom door, "You should get some sleep." He called from the other side. Maeve looked up from where she was sitting at Harry. Who just watched her with sorrow, he walked over and helped her up, pulling her into a hug.

"Even when I am gone, I'm still here Maeve."

"It's the same to for you little one." She squeezed him, "I'll never leave your side."

"Ditto." He laughed. The two walked to the door and opened it to Fred leaning on the wall across from the door. Sending her a comforting smile, and wiping the extra tear off her cheek,

"Let's go home, Love."

The twins and her said their goodbyes and ended up in their living room, it was quiet at first and then George interrupted it.

"You good?"

"Yeah." She smiled, "What about you guys?"

"Yeah." They smiled, "Tea?" Fred asked

"Yeah." Her and George mumbled, both falling on to the couch, she leaned against him and sighed. "Their gonna leave, you know that right?"

"Yeah." He sighed.

"I'm scared George, they're too young."

"I know." He bit his lip, "but it's the golden trio, they always seem to figure it out." He chuckled

"That's true." She said, "he did take him down the first time when he was only one." she let out a weak laugh, and then fell quiet again.

"They'll be okay." He told her, "Its Harry, Hermione and Ron. They gotta be."

The two sighed, leaning against each other. Eventually Fred joined and sat next to Maeve grabbing her hand. The three just sat there that night, just quiet. They kind of subconsciously all put on this happy act when they are around their families and everyone else, but when they are at their flat, they actually show their real emotions. Fred and Maeve wake up most nights running to Georges room because he screams in his sleep and they sit with him till he goes back to sleep or they all just fall asleep together. Fred watches Maeve and George like they are going to disappear in front of him. He catches himself staring at Georges ear and watches Maeve like she's broken glass. And Maeve is afraid to take showers or baths, because the water triggers her. The boys didn't catch on right away, but once Fred walked in on Maeve sitting on the counter reading while the shower ran. She told him that when the water falls on her or if she gets into the bath she feels like she drowning. So Fred has to shower with her now, and hold her while she cries, but he just washes her hair for her and takes it slow.. Sometimes, it's so bad George just washes her hair in the sink while Fred holds her down. But the three of them won't tell anyone that this is how their life is right now, but they were getting better. Slowly, but surely.

Fred and Maeve were laying in bed, just staring off at the ceiling.

"I love you." She broke the silence, he turned over and saw her crying. "I haven't said it in a while and I'm sorry."

"I don't care Maeve, I know you love me."

"I am doing really bad, Freddie."

"I know." He caressed her cheek. "But we will make it through this, like we always do."

"Don't leave me."

"Never." He pulled her into his chest and held her.

"These are scary times."

"They sure are..." he took a deep breath, "but we have each other."

"I'm sorry for going away for a year. So much happened, the burrow burned down, Ron got hurt. You. I know it must of been hard on you. I should of been there."

"Its okay. I coped.."

"How?"

"I just told myself you always come back. That you're my Maeve and you're always okay."

"but I'm not always okay."

"You think that." He chuckled, "But you are the strongest person I have ever met. You have gone through so much, seen so much. But you're still here. You're still standing."

"Barely."

"Barely sure, but still standing." He kissed her head, "i'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of you, Freddie."

"I wouldn't be here without you." He smiled, "you have pushed me forward."

"We push each other."

"I love you, Maeve."

"I love you, Fred"