Chapter 30

When Maeve and Cedric got the first years settle, they walked over to their couch and fell into formation with Jules. "Oh I missed my cuddle buddies." Julia laughed as she pulled the two into a tight hug.

"They should make a plaque for the couch," Melvin sat across the room, "The Badger Trio Spot" he motioned his hands as if he was mimicking a sign.

She didn't realize that her and her friends had a name, but I guess that comes with the fact that they are always together, or if they aren't they're talking about each other. Those three were closer than friends, they knew what the other was thinking, they could tell what the others were feeling.

With that comment, Cedric took out his wand and practically branded the couch,

The Badger Trio Spot.

The three just cuddled for the remainder of the night.

The time leading up to the Tournament, the entire school was sent into a chaotic environment as the faculty prepared to welcome the other schools. The school was decorated in decorations she hadn't seen before. She was sitting in one of the window openings watching Filch and McGonagall fight about a placement of a banner.

"They're trying to hard." Fred said as he came up behind her placing his arm around her waist, resting himself on the edge of the opening.

"That banner is crooked." George added as he jumped through the window, landing a seat next to Maeve.

"They just want the schools to feel welcomed." She rolled her eyes at the boys.

"Then all they needed to do is put you in a room with them, and have you smile." Fred add, as he leaned into her side, looking up at her. She couldn't fight the smile that was forming.

"Were gonna try to get in the tournament." George said as he jumped down.

"Thats a terrible idea." She shook her head.

"We'll see about that," Fred let go of her and walked around the wall and stood next to George, "You coming? I think the other schools are arriving." He placed out his hand and she grabbed it and jumped down, landing in between the two boys she wrapped her arms around both their waist as they walked towards the rest of the school to meet the others.

While most of the students were fascinated by the foreign guest, it seemed that Julia was more fascinated by some of the Durmstrang boys.

"You're drooling Jules." Maeve looked up to see her best friend eyeing a few of the boys.

"What are we looking at? Cute boys?" George came up and sat by the three.

"Yeah, Jules seems to find a liking to the boys in red." Maeve laughed

Fred sat down next to her, "You don't like any of them do you." He said low enough that she could only hear, she turned to him with a sweet smile, fixing his red tie, "I only like one boy in red."

His worried face turned into a smile, kissing her forehead. He placed his arm around her, and watched her laugh at her friend. He didn't care about the other girls that seemed to catch all the boys attention, he was stuck on one girl. Who happened to be stuffing mashed potatoes in her mouth.

"I mean cool that were having a tournament, but why cancel quidditch." Maeve complained to the group.

"They probably did it for you and clumsy ass." George laughed

"I can beat your ass George." She said with a straight face, which wasn't scary at all. Even when she's mad, she looked nice. That's why George just laughed at her.