Chapter 29

With sixth year starting Maeve was over the moon. Her mom told her in one of her letters that exciting stuff is happening at school, that'd she'd like. When Maeve went to check the mail today, she saw that they all go their Hogwarts letters, she handed them out to all of the kids as they ate breakfast. When she opened her letter, a silver pin fell out. The letter 'P' was on it. Her eyes went wide, did they really think she was good enough for this role, could that mean she could be head girl next year.

"Whoa! Maeves a Prefect!" Ron clapped.

Molly jumped up from her seat and ran to Maeve to read the letter, "Oh! I'm gonna write to your mother!" She ran to the living room.

"Wicked" her and the twins said in unison. It reminded her of the first time she met them.

"So Mae, does that mean you'll go easy on us?" George smirked,

"No." She gave the same smirk back.

When she arrived at Kings Cross Station, she looked everywhere until she saw her mom.

"Mum!" She ran over to her mom engulfing her mom

"My sweet girl." She sighed in relief.

Emmeline knew her daughter was okay, Molly made sure to write to her everyday. Emmeline didn't want her daughter to stay at home this summer for two reasons. Mostly because of the death eaters, and that she is an original member of the Order. But also, because of the gift her daughter was going to be given 3 months after her 16th birthday. For some witches and wizards, a few months after their 16th birthday they start to show signs of Legilimency, but not in the normal way. Maeve probably won't be able to read humans minds, but she will be able to with animals. Maeve is just part of a few gifted wizards, like her grandfather. He was able to communicate and bond with animals. Bad or good. He never saw a creature as bad, only misunderstood. Emmeline wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to keep her daughter at a house filled with creatures, she really wanted to hide her daughter from it because she knows that dark wizards would want to use Maeve for her ability. But she also knew that it was inevitable, that she'd soon find out. She only wanted her daughter to be safe. Instead of using animagi, to communicate, Maeve would just be able to do it in human form.

"Im okay mom," she let go of her mom, "did Molly tell you? Im a prefect!" She smiled, she was so excited.

"I heard, Maeve I'm so proud of you." Her mom wiped away a tear.

"Hows Rems and Pad?" She was really growing a bond with the two men, she knows she could never replace her dad but it was nice to have father figures around. She really considered them family.

"They're good, annoying, but good." Her mom laughed, "they did miss you, Sirius wanted to come with me and Moony to check on you after the attack but we didn't want Harry to see him yet."

"That's understandable," the sound of the train interrupted them, "well I better be off. I love you mom. So much"

"I love you more than you'll ever know." Her mom hugged her one more time, and Maeve made her way to the train.

When she got on board, she went searching for her friends. She went to the compartment they always sat in, since first year.

"Mae!" She was engulfed in her friends hug

"Jules!" She smiled and sat down.

"Tell me everything."

"Oh well, the game was good, first off. But when the attack happened..."

"No! I know you're okay, Ced told me. Not the game Maeve, FRED!" She practically screamed, "What happened with Fred?"

"The fact that you're asking me to talk about, I can only assume you already know." She looked at her friend who had a guilty smile on her face, "who was it? Cedric? Ginny?"