12

Later that week, the main message board off the main courtyard had four parchments of the new years quidditch teams line up. She watched a few Hufflepuffs go up to the list, sighing as they walked away. She was nervous, she knew she did well, but she was afraid that maybe she wasn't good enough. She wouldn't be mad at Cedric if he didn't choose her, she understood that he just wanted the best team.

Across the the courtyard, the twins sat in a window outlet and watched her slowly make it to the list. Behind them Cedric came up, "not exactly sure why she's so nervous to go up to the list, she clearly made it. You guys should of seen her at tryouts. She's wicked, you guys better watch out." He laughed as he walked away from the boys, they just swallowed and qwew relieved that he didn't know they were spying on their practice. Their eyes went back to the girl reading the list, Cedric had made it up to her and the two were hugging and she was jumping up and down with excitement. Her smile could stop the world, if she chose.

"Georgie, we better go practice." Fred shot a look at his twin, and two ran off to find the rest of the team.

"Congratulations to our new chaser, Maeve!" Cedric shouted as the barrels erupted in cheers, for the new player.

"Atta girl!" Fleet came up behind her and picking her up, spinning her around. "Wicked tryouts."

"Yeah, you think?" she turned around to see him and Melvin looking down at her like proud brothers.

"I went and sat in on them, Ced said you could fly," Melvin mouthed 'WOW', "you can fly all right!" he laughed, "Swore I saw your Gryffindor friends at the end though... They like appeared out of nowhere."

"Really.." she bit back a smile

"Oh well, they looked bloody nervous when you flew past them. Can't wait to see you guys play them."

"Can't wait to see Slytherin destroy them this weekend." Fleet added, pushing two cups of some sort of concoction into their hands.

"What is this?" Melvin looked down at his cup, just then Julia came up between them throwing her arms around the two.

"It's a little thing I like to call a 'good time.'" she paused, "Terrible morning, but we got a potion for that!" she laughed, "Drink up."

Both Maeve and Melvin grimaced after their first sips.

"Firewhisky and.."

"Vodka." Julia smiled sweetly, "I swear you wizards need to try muggle drinks."

"Gross.." Maeve said, looking down at her cup and then downing it.

"ATTA GIRL!" Fleet laughed

Maeve was drinking tea with Julia and Melvin on Saturday morning. The three were spread out in front of the fireplace, relieved they were staying in on the rainy day. The weather from earlier in the week at worsen by the weekend..

"Won't the boys be disappointed that your missing their match?" Julia asked, Maeve looked up from her textbook and shrugged.

"Actually, when we found out the storm was going through the weekend, Fred mentioned he wouldn't mind if I sat out. He didn't want me to get sick. He told me he's give me a play by play in our next class together."

"That's cute." Melvin teased, "Oh hey, mate!" they turned around and saw Fleet walking and then stopping in the middle of the common room. Then Sprout and Cedric walked in just after him.

"Why are you in that sweater Professor Sprout?!" Maeve shot up pointing at Sprouts sweater, "Why is she wearing her lucky sweater? She only wears that on game days!"