Chapter 76

Fred Pov

I was laying in bed, it didn't feel right. She was dying and I'm here, alone. Alive. I felt numb and empty. I remember the first time I finally had the balls to talk to her, and even then I barely got the words out.

flashback

Maeve was walking down the hall, it was 2nd year, Billy was nuzzled in the crook of her neck, and she was reading a book. She wasn't aware of her surroundings, she was really interested in the muggle book she was reading. She was reading Catcher in the Rye, and was so invested in the American teenager muggle life. She was to interested in it, she didn't see the boy she ran into, causing him to drop all his books. She shot back into reality,

"I'm so sorry!" She said, quickly picking up all his books and a very interesting map of his. As she finally looked up, he was lost in her eyes. He could see constellations forming on her face by her freckles and her bangs laid gently on her forehead, like curtains. He finally noticed her smile, he had never seen one like it before. It caused mountains to form on his skin, and felt the world around him stop. Just the two of them were the only ones in the world.

"Sorry about that, love." She smiled, as she stood up handing him back his books.

"Th...thats okay. I wasn't paying attention." He smiled, awkwardly.

"Hi George." She smiled, leaning her head, to see his twin behind him. "I'll see you guys later." She giggled, how does that sound have so much control of him. "Bye, Fred." She smiled looking in his eyes one last time and walking away. He looked down at his books and noticed her book in his pile. "Oh Maeve!" He called after her, but she was already gone.

"Looks like you'll have to talk to her again." George laughed, as he patted him on his back walking off.

I looked over at my bedside table and saw the book, she never took it back from me, it was under a framed photo of us. It was a moving picture, we were sitting in the great hall for dinner 5th year. We were smiling, and then I kissed her cheek causing her to laugh. A smile, finally formed on my face for the first time in weeks. Then my door swung open and I shot up.

"We need to get back to the hospital!" George said in a panic.

She's dead, she died. I'm going to walk into the room and she's dead. She's going to covered in a white cloth. My girl is gone. She dead. I looked at the door handle, George was behind me, "Just go, Fred." He told me pushing me a bit, she's dead, she's dead, she's dead. I shouldn't of gone home. She's dead.

"Hi Freddie."

I felt like I was dreaming, it was her voice. I froze, I could only just look at her. I couldn't speak. She was sitting up in her bed, surrounded with pillows. Alive. Smiling.

"I keep telling you lot, you're not getting rid of me yet." She giggled, even though it sounded painful, it was her giggled. I ran to her side, grabbing her hand. I didn't care who was looking, I grabbed her face and pulled her into a kiss.

"Hi, Maeve." I smiled, tears were falling, she wiped them away smiling at me. I could still see the constellations that danced on her face. Her mum and my mum were hugging each other, smiling and crying and George took to her other side grabbing her hand. That's when a sight of my brother, I had never seen or imagined unfolded. Once he sat down grabbing her hand he began to sob.

"oh, Georgie" she whispered, "I'm okay."

"I thought I lost you Maeve." He cried, I finally looked around the room and saw everyone. I had been on autopilot these past weeks I didn't even notice the group that was always around. Ron was hugging Ginny, whose face was stained with tears and then there was Julia, Melvin and Fleet. Fleet was someone i'd never imagine to cry, but there he stood. He had bags under his eyes and tears stained trails down his face, and it was the same for Melvin. I sometimes forget about her Hufflepuff family. Then I saw Harry, he looked defeated. He looked so tired, she was his sister. The one he could actually call family. Sirius was leaning against the wall in front of her bed, his smile was huge but i could tell he hadn't slept in days and his hair was more grey and tangled than normal. Then I looked back at George who had his head on her bed, crying as she rubbed his head. I didn't even think of how he was feeling, i felt so guilty. Before I even met her, he was friends with her. She was his best friend, before anything involving me. They were inseparable, he loved her like she was his sister, his other half in a platonic way. 

"She looks pale." Ron muttered quietly to Hermione, she nudged him.

"Ronald!"

"Thanks, Ronnie." Maeve giggled, Ron went red, not knowing he said that loud enough for her to hear. George and I shot him a look. It wasn't long before doctors came in, ushering everyone out and asking to talk to Emmeline about her outpatient stuff, I was finally alone with Maeve.

"Hi Maeve."

"Hi Fred."

"I thought I lost you." I tried to hard to hide it, but I began to cry again.

"Nope, still here." She grabbed my hand, playing with my fingers.

"I um, I know I already asked you. But I need to do it right."

"What?"

"There is a war coming, we know that. But this is the second time that I thought I lost you, I didn't even notice that you were hurting since the attack, I don't want you out of my sight. I am so in love with you Maeve, I honestly didn't know how I'd survive if you died." I took a deep breath, I noticed tears were forming in Maeve's eyes. "I will do everything in my power to keep you safe, even if it kills me in the end. I only want you; you make me so happy. The day I saw you at sorting ceremony, to the day you ran into me and leaving me with that muggle book." She giggled, "to the day I smelt hippogriffs, mashed potatoes, old books, wet grass and lavender. You were it. I fell for you. You are the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you." I dug into my pocket, and pulled out the box. "Marry me. In a day or in a year, Marry me."

"Yes." She giggled through her tears, throwing herself on to me engulfing me in a hug, "yes, I will marry you, in day or in a year." She laughed

"I love you so much Maeve."

"And I love you."

i think this would be her ring

i think this would be her ring. simple and elegant. :)