Chapter 32

The week went by slowly, Thursday afternoon, Hagrid asked Maeve to meet him at his hut. She made her way down there when she passed the wall that she found Bata the first time. She kept him at home this school term, they had a bunch of Bowtruckles at home, so she thought it would be better for him to socialize with them. She did miss him a lot, she loves her human friends, but sometimes when she's around people too long she gets lonely. She always enjoyed having a magical creature with her, she felt like they could understood her.

When she made it to his hut, she walked in to find Hagrid holding a bag.

"Hi Hagrid!" She sat down next to Fang.

"Oh, good you're here! I have something for you." Before he could hand it to her she asked,

"Do you ever think they're talking to you." She looked up at him.

"What?"

"Like do you ever just hang around magical creatures too long you think they're talking to you.?"

Hagrid knew exactly what she was talking about, she got the gift. It was happening.

"Anyways, I probably am just missing too much sleep, what did you say you had for me?" She asked before he could give her a reason.

"Oh, this bag." He handed her a carpet bag. It had a floral design on it.

 It had a floral design on it

"Oh.. Thanks Hagrid." She wasn't really sure why he was giving her this tote bag.

He laughed, "I know it's probably not your style, but what's inside you might like." Her face showed more confusion.

"Its bewitched, Mae." He smiled

"Like my grandfathers?" She jumped up, placing the bag down.

"Yeah, you see, I have a few creatures hidden around campus that I really don't want to get found. You know with the ministry being around for the tournament." He rubbed the back his neck. "I was hoping that you would look after them for me. With the bag."

"Oh course Hagrid!" She giggled, "I'll take great care of them!"

"Oh thank you! I know you will." The very large man engulfed the very small Hufflepuff into a hug. "They're all in there, I gave you enough food, medicine, ointment and their toys in there."

She smiled looking down at the bag. "Dumbledore bewitched it, so no one will be breaking out of it."

"He knows? That you're giving it to me?" She was uneasy.

"Yeah, it was his idea!"

"Wicked."

"Alright, well if you have any questions you can ask me. It'll seem like you're asking for class." He smiled. "Oh, please do look after my loves." He looked down at the bag.

"Of course, Hagrid. Always." She smiled and headed back up to the castle.

Hagrid watched the little witch walk away with the bag. He knew right when she mentioned the animals talking, that she had a gift. Maeve just thinks she hearing things, not that she's actually hearing them talk to her. He knew that when she starts to catch on, she'll talk to him. He didn't want to put it all on her in one day.