Chapter 101

It was nostalgic leading up to this night, ending up in Hogsmeade, walking through the village that she had spent so many weekends at. But that was brief. It wasn't like she remembered, the shops were boarded up and the street lamps were unlit. It was cold and abandoned. She walked into Hogs Head once again, it was the same as she remembered from the first DA's meeting, it was dark and depressing. She tried to make it a positive memory before she headed to battle, she just told herself it didn't change like everything else. It was still the same, and hopefully that meant everything was going to be okay somehow.

"Is everyone here?" Kingsley called out

The pub was filled, the majority was the Order. The Weasleys were there, her mom and Sirius and few Aurors were there. Keeping her hand tightly on Fred's, she made her way to Charlie.

"You ready?" He smiled down at her

"We got this." She laughed, "Like old times."

The barman pulled open a frame and revealed a long dark tunnel. All the occupants of the bar, crouched into the tunnel and began their descent into the darkness. It looked as though the passageway had been there for years. Brass lamps hung from the walls and the earthy floor was worn and smooth; as they walked, their shadows rippled, fanlike, across the wall. The tunnel lead straight into Hogwarts and into the Room of Requirements. Multicolored hammocks were strung from the ceiling and from the balcony that ran around the dark wood-paneled and windowless walls, which were covered in bright tapestry hangings.The gold Gryffindor lion, emblazoned on scarlet; the black badger of Hufflepuff, set against yellow; and the bronze eagle of Ravenclaw, on blue. The silver and green of Slytherin alone were absent. Maeve wasn't seeing Hogwarts anymore, she was seeing a safe house, in place that should be the safest place in the world. But then again, she was seeing Hogwarts, the school itself made a space for these students. The castle was protecting them. Once she excited the tunnel, she was suddenly pulled into a tight hug.

"I told you I would come back."

"Harry." She cried into his shoulder. The two separated, and the smiles on their faces was a sight to see. They were all finally together again.

"I missed you, Mae."

"I missed you, Harry."

"I want you and Sirius to walk me down the aisle." she smiled at him

"Really? W-why me?" he stuttered a bit

"Because you're my little brother." Harry pulled her into another hug.

"I love you, Maeve. Thank you for never leaving my side."

"I love you, Little one." she smiled. Her and Harry looked out at the crowd of people in the room, she grabbed his hand.

"Ready, kid?" She asked him.

"I usually just wing it." He chuckled

"Then that makes two of us." She sent him a wink.

"Aberforth's getting a bit annoyed," said Fred, "He wants a kip, and his bar's turned into a railway station."

"So what's the plan, Harry?" said George.

"There isn't one," said Harry,

"He usually just wings it." Maeve whispered up to the twins, who just laughed.

"Just going to make it up as we go along, are we? My favorite kind," said Fred.

There was a scuffling and a great thump. Someone else had clambered out of the tunnel, overbalanced slightly, and fallen. He pulled himself up to the nearest chair, looked around through lopsided horn-rimmed glasses, and said, "Am I too late? Has it started. I only just found out, so I... I..."