the unread letters

Years had passed since George could even step foot in Fred and Maeve's room. But one night he had the urge to walk in, just to feel them again. When he laid down in their bed, he found two letters. One addressed to Maeve and one addressed to Fred. 

To my Freddie

By the time you are reading this, I am gone and I am so unbelievably sorry. I know I promised you I wouldn't leave you once again but things we least expect, happen. We have learned that, sadly. You have been so brave and so amazing. I am so unbelievably lucky to have met you. Choosing the person to share your life with is one of the most important decisions we make, and i am so lucky that it was you, who i got. Because life would of been so gray without you. I wish we had our wedding, I wish we had our little cottage by sea, I wish we had more time.

Your friendship has brought a glorious technicolor to my life. You have been with me in the darkest moments of my life and you never left my side. You never let me go. And I'm the luckiest person in the world for that. I hope I didn't take it for granted. I hope you replay our last days together, and remember how happy we were. Oh, my Freddie, please be happy. Please laugh and tell jokes. Please don't be sad.

I know that this will be hard, losing someone you love so much. Losing someone is hard. Probably one of the hardest things you'll experience. But there's something kind of peaceful knowing that the person you lost is probably looking out for you and watching you from above. I will never leave you my love, I will always be with you. I hope that you know that, I am no longer suffering and hurting. I hope that maybe, I will reunite with Ced and Jules, and that somehow will bring you happiness. Knowing that I will be okay. I am okay Fred. Like you always say, I'm always okay.

When I think back on our times, I only see happiness. Sure we had our rough patches, but in the end we were meant to be. I am so thankful I took on life with you. Because sometimes people aren't lucky to see that the best thing that ever happened to themselves is there, right under their nose. I was lucky. I was so lucky to call you mine. Oh, my Freddie, I hope you understood that wherever you are, whatever you do or who you are with, I will always be proud, sincere, and I will truly always love you.

We had a hell of a ride, haven't we? I wouldn't ever replace it, I cherish our time together. I love you Fred and I am so sorry that I have left you once again. We will see each other soon, I will always wait for you. Be happy.

Yours always,

Mae

Maeve,

I don't know how to write this honestly. I hope you never have to read this, because if you have to... Well it means, I wasn't strong enough. But I hope that we still win in the end, and I hope you are safe. I don't know how you will be, after. You have lost so much, and I regret leaving you. I regret our time lost. I love you Maeve, more than my whole being and I wish I was there with you.

I hope that maybe, after this is all over.. I have ripped this letter up and we had our wedding. I hope we have the 3 kids and I get to fill our home with all the creatures your heart desires. Because Maeve, you deserve everything good in this world. You deserve all happiness and fun. The day I set my eyes on you in the Great Hall, I knew I needed you in my life. 11 year old me, just wanted to be your friend, but if he only knew how happy you would make me. How much love I would have for you. Oh, how much I love you Maeve. To think, someone could bring so much excitement to my life, especially with the family I have. You were amazing. You are amazing.

I am so proud of you Maeve. You have fought so hard, and so long. I hope you will be at peace soon. I hope you don't long my death. Please be happy, please smile. Because a world without your smile is dark. My life was dark when I didn't see you, see your smile, hear your laugh, feel your touch. You brought so much happiness into my life, Maeve.

Maeve, you are intoxicating. Just seeing you takes my breath away. Your laugh seems to be the only cure to any of my illnesses. Your smile makes my mind go blank, because for the split second your lips curl, you're the only thing in my world. Please be happy, for me at least.

Take care of them for me, Maeve. Take care of our Georgie. I will take care of Cedric and Julia. I love you Maeve. See you soon, my beautiful puff.

Yours forever,

Your Freddie