Chapter 50

"Hi Maeve." Harry said as she sat down, she looked up and gave her best smile.

"Good morning Harry! How's your hand?" Completely ignoring the pain that she was going through.

"Just sore, what about yourself? Long night?" He was concerned.

"No, I'm okay." She smiled.

The girls sat in their dorm after getting back from the hospital wing, Julia in complete shock

"Julia, it hurts so bad." Maeve sobbed into her pillow. Julia sat on Mae's bed holding her, rocking her back and forth just hoping she would pass out from the pain.

"Shh, Maeve its okay." She slowly pushing Maeve's hair back, "you're okay."

Her bandages still soaked with blood, and the pain not going away with potions. She sobbed in Julia's arms that night till she fell asleep.

Fred can already tell she's lying. The bags under her eyes tell a different story.

"I'm very interested in what we're going over today in Herbology." She quickly changed the subject, taking a bite out of her toast. She could see the group exchange looks, she was feeling something new. She was feeling anxious, she didn't want to be around anyone right now.

"You know what, I, um... totally forgot my book for class. I am just gonna run to my room, i'll see you guys in class." She go up fast, and swiftly walked out the Great Hall. The Twins and Trio just watch in utter shock, of how fast she changed moods.

"She had her herbology book in her hand." Hermione said, the group looked over at he Hufflepuff table hoping to wave Julia over. Her and few puffs were all staring at the entrance, and then Julia turned to the group. She got up and walked over, "What just happened?" She asked.

"We were hoping you'd know." George said, "Harry asked about her hand, and she acted like nothing happened. And then she just got up and left, saying she needed to get her Herbology book, even though she had it in her hand."

"Oh well, maybe she didn't realize. She didn't sleep last night."

"Did she have a nightmare?" Fred whispered.

"No, um it was the pain? Like you guys saw her hand right?" Julia was confused.

"She said she was fine..." Harry stated.

"Oh, um.. no. She's not." Julia furrowed her brow, "she was up all night sobbing from the pain. I was lucky that she eventually passed out from it." She was now noticing all of their faces, "Wait did you guys really not see her hand fully. She came into the common room last night after her detention dripping blood.." She looked at the group.

"She didn't say anything.." George was looking at the entrance again.

Maeve was back in her dorm, pacing back and forth. She knew everyone was at breakfast so she ripped her bandages off. Tears stained her face,