23

Time had passed since that night in the empty classroom. She doesn't look at him, he still looks at her. She doesn't smile anymore. Neither does he. Even the pranks barely bring a tug to his mouth. 

O.W.L.S were going on, Maeve was confident, she did her best to keep her mind off her heartbreak so she did a lot of studying, and Hermione helped her. After every study session, when Hermione walked back in the common room, the twins would shoot up. "She doesn't talk about anything. She just studies."

"You should be very proud yourself, Miss Scamander." Remus told her when she finished her last O.W.L

"Thank you professor." She smiled weakly at the professor,  "It's been an honor to be your student." She said, picking up her stuff and heading out the door ignoring the stares she was getting from Fred, from across the room.

"Maeve?" Remus called out to her.

"Have a good summer, Professor." she waved him off and disappeared into the hallway. 

Fred went to follow her, but every time he took a step it seemed like every Hufflepuff in their class ended up just in front of him.

"See you next year, Weasley." Fleet glared at the boy and then followed Cedric, Julia and Melvin out of the class.

Maeve was with everyone in the boys dorm the next morning, Julia and her were cuddled up in Cedrics bed as he packed his trunk and Fleet and Melvin were finishing up last minute classwork they never turned in.

"Are you okay?" Julia turned to Maeve.

"I'll be fine, Jules." She weakly smiled, "I still have you." she turned to her side facing Julia. Her hand went under Cedrics pillow, and then felt a piece of parchment.

"What is this?" she pulled it from under it, opening it up.

"Oh shit.." Melvin mumbled

"Really guys?" she sat up, "'Fred Weasley's murder and how to get away with it.',  seriously?"

"Yeah about that.." Cedric cringed

"Just don't." she ripped it up, "It's over. We can all move on now."

Just then Cedric and boys roommate, Anthony Rickett, walked in.

"Oh hey girls!" he smiled at them.

"Hi Ant!" The girls greeted him

"Oh Maeve!" he turned to her, "There is a Weasley outside the common room looking for you."

Everyone turned to the boy, the boys seemed like they were ready with their plan.

"The girl one, the young one." he told them

"Oh! Gin!" Maeve smiled, getting up, "I'll be right back.

"He won't live past this summer break." Was the first thing Ginny said when Maeve emerged from the barrels. Maeve laughed

"I just want to let you know that Buckbeak is fine."

"What.."

Maeve's world went in slow motion. She had completely blocked that part of her term out. She was so focused on Fred and then her exams, she couldn't accept anymore heart break. Ginny went on tell her about the whole deal. From Sirius to being innocent, to being Harry's godfather. To their professor being werewolf and then something about a rat being a man, and then time travel but she stopped listening when she finally wrapped her head around Buckbeak being alive.

"BUCKBEAK IS ALIVE" she had the biggest smile on her face that some haven't seen in a while. "Where are they? Hermione and Harry!?"

"Great Hall, I think." She laughed, she felt good seeing Maeve's smile again.

Maeve sprinted to the Great Hall and through the doors, she paused, looking for the fluffy hair nerd and scarface, until she laid eyes on those two beautiful kids, in a full sprint she ran to them.

George and Fred were talking about the summer and the Quidditch cup at the end. When they saw a small figure run in and scan the room. Fred froze, her smile. Then in a full sprint she ran towards the Gryffindor table. "what." He muttered until her figure was blur as it raced passed him and ran to Harry and Hermione.

She crashed into the two kids, "Thank you thank you thank you!" She cried into their shoulders. At first they were startled when they were almost taken out by a force of speed when they realized it was Maeve.

"He's safe" Harry whispered into her ear. Hermione hugged her tighter.

She backed up from them, with an almost smile she laughed, like really laughed. A happy laugh.

"You don't understand what I'm feeling right now."

"You're feeling your dad." Hermione said, "this is him telling you, you're going to be okay."

Maeve looked in Hermione's eyes, glossed over with tears, forcing them not to fall until they did and Ron came in with a tissue. She laughed, "Thank you guys." She hiccuped. "I'll write to you this summer, I best be off. I haven't packed yet and the train is coming soon." 

She knew she'd have to walk past the twins, so she cleaned up her face, good enough that they wouldn't notice. "See you soon." She said as she turned back to leave not making eye contact with that red headed boy, when she reached the corridor she felt an arm grab her, 

"Fred, not ye..." she turned around to see George. "Sorry, George."

He smirked, "That's okay, I've been getting called Fred my whole life." She laughed. "Walk with me, Mae?" He put out his arm, she grabbed it. At first it was silent, until George finally spoke up.

"I take some of the blame."

"George me and you weren't dating, or whatever you would of called it, you're allowed to kiss anyone, even it its a Slytherin. I'm not mad at you."

He didn't know what to say, because she wasn't lying.

"Write to me this summer?" He looked down at her, as they reached the barrels, "I won't tell Fred it's from you."

"I'll write." She looked up at him, she gave him a kiss on the cheek, "I'll see you soon." And she disappeared into the common room.

He walked back to the Great Hall to find, Cedric and Julia watching Fred. He walked over to them, "Hey guys."

"As much as i hate your brother George, I don't like seeing those two miserable without each other. They have to get back together, they're meant to be together." Julia sighed.

"I have an idea." Cedric smiled.