Chapter 56

Maeve was sitting in the library writing an essay for muggle studies. When she came across a book on cowboys, and saw a page on cowboy boots, so she was writing everything down so she could send a letter to Arthur. When she looked up she saw a George.

"You look lost." She smiled

"Yeah, I've been at this school 7 years and this place still confuses me." He said looking at all the shelves.

"What, the school? I thought you knew it like the back of your hand."

"I do. I mean the library. This place confuses me." He laughed sitting across from her.

"Where's the ugly one?" She smirked, looking back at her book.

"Detention."

She looked up from her book, with furrowed brows.

"Why aren't you with him?"

"I'm a faster runner." He smiled, "also, the ugly one?" He laughed, "Your own boyfriend."

"Oh shut it. What can I do for you then?"

"What? I can't come hang out with my best friend?" He sighed dramatically

"I mean you can but, you willingly came into the library. You need something." She rolled her eyes.

"Has Hermione talk to you yet?"

"No. Haven't seen her all day, which is surprising. She's usually in the library," she looked down at her watch, "like now."

"She's busy recruiting people probably."

"Recruiting?" She put her book down and leaned back in her chair, "What are you Gryffs up to."

"This weekend, Hogs Head."

"Why?"

"Just be there." He sighed picking up a book, he looked confused at it.

"What are you even reading, we aren't learning about this in Muggle Studies?" He asked 

"I saw a page that reminded me of your dad, so im gonna write to him." she said as she took down more notes.

"Do you do that a lot?" He smiled, he felt really touched, "write to dad?"

"Yeah, when I see something or if we learn about something in class that i think he might be interested in, i do some more research and write to him." she looked up at him confused, "Why are you smiling."

"Does Fred know this?"

"No, he'd probably make fun of me for it. I also write to your mom, she's been sending me tips on knitting. I picked it up when i stayed at your house last summer. So we exchange tips, she tells me about knitting and i tell her about gardening." 

George was so struck, that she willingly keeps in contact with their parents. He knew she loved Fred, but he was really seeing how much she loved him. She really loved his family.

"Alright." She went back to study, "Want to study with me then?" She looked up at him. He just started to laugh.

"No." He shook his head. "Come do a prank with me."

"Excuse me, you just got your own brother a detention, how can I trust you?"

"Because I'm your best friend."

"Sadly." She smirked

" She smirked