Chapter 68

Christmas came and went, and it was probably everyone's favorite one yet, all the families coming together as one. Maeve for the first time ever didn't want to go back to school, but Hagrid wrote to her telling her about some new additions to their collection. She just really didn't want to interact with Umbridge. Maeve keeps on being recruited by the pink teacher to scout out groups and originations, but Maeve is really good at steering her in another direction.

January and February came and went as well, they were all just trying to get by without trouble. Maeve was getting upset with Harry, for always trying to start something with Umbridge. She was sitting at breakfast with the twins before her game, when the rest of the Gryffindor team showed up.

"We're screwed." Ron groaned as he plopped down on the bench across from Harry and Hermione. Harry looked up at him, while Maeve awkwardly sat with them all.

"Well, how are practices going?" Harry asked

"They're a nightmare."

"Oh come on..." Hermione spoke up, closing her book to join the conversation, "It can't be that..."

"It is..." Ginny cut her off, "Practices are terrible, Angelina is always on the verge of tears at the end of them."

"Does anyone know if Maeve is hurt of something, so she can't play. Maybe the twins can hex her." Ron hadn't taken notice of Maeve sitting with them.

"Ronald!" Hermione shouted, and the twins started to cough violently sending him death stares.

"No it's okay. I will let you all talk." She awkwardly smiled, getting up, "I will see you all on the pitch." Then she looked down at the twins, "and I will see you guys later." Her and the twins discussed that they didn't want to go to the game today because they were upset about not playing. She understood. The whole team snapped their head to Ron.

"I didn't see her there..." he cringed, "Sorry."

"Captains!" Hooch called them over, Maeve met Angelina in the middle of the pitch.

"Shake hands, I want a clean game." She said to the two. Maeve stuck out her hand and smiled, "Good luck." She said.

"Sorry about Ron, this morning."

"No it's okay, You guys will do great" she smiled, getting back on her broom.

"Sorry, Ron." Maeve whispered, as she flew back to the middle of the pitch.

"Another ten points to Hufflepuff. The score is two hundred and forty to eighty in favor of Hufflepuff. Scamander with her 22nd goal of the day, someone needs to stop her!" Lee laughed.

After a bit, Ginny finally caught the snitch.

"WEASLEY CAUGHT THE SNITCH, ENDING TODAYS GAME AT TWO HUNDRED FORTY TO TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY! HUFFLEPUFF WINS!" Lee cheered, the stands then went silent. Because of the excitement of the close game, no one noticed that the new beater of Gryffindor accidentally hit a bludger too hard, and it went flying straight towards the cheering Hufflepuff girl. With both of her arms up in the air in celebration, she heard a whirling sound of something growing closer and quickly grew louder and then a sharp pain slammed into the back of her shoulder and a pop echoed in her ears. Everyone watched in horror as the bludger slammed into her shoulder and flung her off her broom, her body spiraling towards the ground. Both teams rushed to catch her but all were to far away and were left to watch in horror as her body tumbled past them.

"MAEVE!" Both Fleet and Ron screamed as they rushed to her, she had fallen about 15 feet off her broom and was now laying on the grass. Hooch, Sprout and Mcgonagall ran to the girl, where she laid on the ground with her eyes shut, completely unconscious. Her shoulder was out of its socket, and you could clearly see it through her uniform. Ron turned to the new beater, Jack Sloper, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?"