Chapter 40

After the last task, Fred became very protective of Maeve. So did Julia and Cedric. Cedric learned after the task that she was completely safe, yet he still felt guilty that she was put underwater for him to save. Of course Maeve was one of the most valuable things in his life, he just hated that, that made her a hostage for him to save.

"You do understand that no one is going to come and take me in the middle of the night." Maeve looked up at her friends staring at her. "You guys are freaking me out." She laughed.

George could only laugh, "They're just worried about you Mae." He muttered to her.

"They're still freaking me out." She looked up at Cedric. "We should be worried about Cedric, his next task is next week."

"Oh yeah, do you know what your doing yet?" Fred finally took his eyes of Mae

"It has to do with a maze but thats all I know."

"What's that thing people always say, just keep left and you'll get out." Julia took a bite of toast

"I don't know anyone who has said that." George chuckled.

"Someone must of said it at one point." She rolled her eyes.

Maeve got up, to head out.

"Where are you going?" Ced, Fred and Jules asked in unison.

"Well first I'm gonna go to the bathroom, unless you guys want to wipe my ass too." George chuckled at that, "And then I need to go check on some of the animals." She rolled her eyes walking away. "The bag will be in the dorm room Julia if you get worried about my whereabouts. I'll see you later."

"You guys really need to give her space." George said, "she wasn't in danger, she isn't mad. Just chill out, before she hides from you weirdos"

Maeve made it back the dorm, and placed the bag down on her bed. When she climbed in she was met with Gerald.

"Good Morning Maeve." He jumped off the counter

"Hi, Gerald!" She picked him up and started to walk around the rooms.

"No friends today?"

"No, they are being very annoying."

"That's humans for you." He chuckled.

She was in there for good few hours, which put her in a better mood. She loved her friends, and she loved Fred but she really needed space, they were starting to annoy her. She didn't care that she was put in the lake, Cedric didn't ask for it, so she wasn't sure why everyone was so guilty and scared. If she was to be mad at anyone it would be McGonagall, since she was the one who put the charm on her. But she didn't care, she knew that no one would die in these type of tournaments.

When she came out of her bag, she found Julia reading on her bed.

"Hi"

"Hey, you hungry?" Mae asked

"Yeah, let's go."

When the girls got to the Great Hall, they sat with the twins.

"I want to do a prank." Maeve asked, when Julia heard that she choked on her pumpkin juice.

"Jules, it's coming out of your nose." Maeve wiped at her friends face with a napkin. "I'm serious, I'm bored. Let's do a prank."

"Who are you? And what did you do with Maeve." Julia looked over at her.

"You don't break rules, Mae." Ron added after overhearing their conversation, Maeve just rolled her eyes.

"Are you well? Do I need to call Pomfrey?" Julia laughed.

"Oh yeah, very funny. Seriously lets have fun. Let's prank someone."

They boys had the widest smile on their faces.

"You don't understand how long we've waited to hear those words come out of your mouth." George smirked, and with that the boys were already up and pulling Maeve out the hall.

"I don't want a detention." She mumbled as the three peered around the corner watching Filch's door.

"We won't get caught." Fred smirked.

"You don't know that, you two always get caught."

"Not always..." George said

"Shh. It's happening." Fred covered Maeve's mouth with his hand, she was taken back,

"George was the one talking." She tried to pry his hand off her mouth.

There was an explosion from the office down the hall, and when the door swing open, Filch came out covered in soot. Maeve was so distracted by Filch, she didn't realize the boys ran off.

"Thanks guys." She mumbled, but when she went to run away Filch grabbed her robes.

"Where are they?"

"Who?"

"The twins, of course."

"Fred and George?" She asked, knowing that those are the only twins in question.

"Of course Fred and George, where did they go?"

"Oh they went that way." She started to point in different directions.

"What way did they go?!"

"Who?" She leaned her head acting clueless.

"THE TWINS!"

"Fred and George?"

"You are useless." He ran off down the hall, the boys came out from a broom closet with the proudest smiles.

"You do understand how much I love you, right." Fred picked her up swinging her around.

"If he doesn't marry you, I will." George ruffled the top of her head, the three headed off down the hall laughing about how confused Filch was.