Chapter 63

"I want Maeve." Ginny cried into the side of George.

"Yeah can someone please get her."

"Miss. Scamander, please wake up" Maeve jumped as she was awoken by Professor Sprout and McGonagall standing over her bunk, again. She opened her eyes to darkness, taking note that it was still night, and then seeing the faces on both professors. Maeve's mind raced, the last time those two woke her up in the middle of the night, her father had been killed.

"Is it my mum? Is she okay?" Maeve said, shoving a hoodie over her head and putting on her slippers.

"Yes, your mums fine. Something else happened." McGonagall said, "We need to hurry." The three of them ran down the halls, Maeve's mind rushing. Did something happen to Sirius? Was Fred okay, did Harry get hurt again. All those conspiracies disappeared when she rushed into Dumbledore's office and saw the twins, George was holding Ginny and Ron was sitting in a chair leaning against Fred, who was sitting on the armrest, all their faces were covered in worry and exhaustion. Harry looked terrified as he paced the office, he was a mess. His hair and clothes were drenched in sweat and his glasses were skewed on his face and kept looking between the headmaster and the Weasley children nervously.

"What's happening?" She asked, as Ginny ran to Maeve. She grabbed the girl in her embrace, pushing the hair out of Ginny's face that seemed to be stuck because of tears. She walked her and Ginny over to the boys, looking in all their eyes. She had never seen this look in their eyes before, her chest was beating loudly from nerves. She didn't know why she was rushed out of bed this late in the night, or why the tears were still coming from Ginny's eyes. But she knew it wasn't good.

"Why am I here?" She asked the twins, the two looked up at her.

"We need you."

"Okay." She sent them a smile hoping to calm them, and then grabbing Fred's hand with her free one, as she still held onto Ginny. She decided to take one for the team and hide all her emotions and take care of them all. She looked up at Dumbledore, "Headmaster, what is happening?" She said in a strong tone, hiding her nerves.

"Arthur Weasley has been injured in the course of his work for the Order," Dumbledore said, Maeve tightened her hand on Fred's. "Harry had a vision that he was attacked. He has been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital. I am sending the children back to Sirius's house which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You don't have to go with them Miss. Scamander, if you don't want to." She looked at all the redheads, and without them even speaking she knew.

"No, I'll go with them." she took a breathe, "How will we get there? Floo?"

"No," Dumbledore shook his head, "Floo powder is not safe at the moment, the Network is being watched. You will be taking a Portkey," He gestured to an old kettle that sat on his desk, "We are waiting for Phineas Nigellus to report back... I want to be sure the coast is clear before sending you there, to make sure Sirius and Emmeline were okay with you coming."

Suddenly there was a bright flame that appeared in the middle of his office. It disappeared, but left a single golden feather. "Its Fawkes' warning." Dumbledore picked up the feather, looking at McGonagall and Sprout. "Professor Umbridge must know the children are out of bed. Minerva, Pomona, go and head her off.. tell her any story.."

Before he could finish the two professors rushed out of his office.

"They said they would be delighted," a voice said, coming from behind Dumbledore. A portrait hanging behind the Headmaster's desk where a wizard, who was probably the Phineas he mentioned, appeared in front of a Slytherin banner, "My great-great-grandson had always had an odd taste in house guest."