Chapter 38

The final week of classes finally faded into Christmas Break and campus was buzzing with excitement for the ball. Girls were talking about their dresses and boys wear complaining about the dress robes their moms sent them. One of them was Ron, Maeve actually really loved Ron's dress robes. She enjoyed old things.

Christmas Eve morning came, Maeve was woken up to Julia sneaking in her bed.

"Morning Mae."

"Morning Jules."

The two girls just laid in bed for most of the morning discussing how they were going to do their hair and laughing at the other girls fusing over last minute things. As much as Maeve wanted to roll up to the ball in sweats, her mom sent her a dress and warned her that she had eyes watching her if she didn't wear the dress.

"You excited?" Julia cuddled up to Maeve

"Yeah, I'm excited to see Fred dressed up."

"Are they going to match?" Julia was clearly talking about the twins.

"Of course, they're Fred and George, they do everything together."

"Everything you say?"Julia wiggled her eyebrows. Maeve squealed.

"Merlin! Jules! No that's gross!" She was laughing so hard.

The girls heard their names called from the common room.

"Cedric" they said in unison as they looked at each other. The girls got out of bed and walked down the stairs to find a very anxious Cedric standing in the middle of the room in his pjs and dress shoes.

"What if I step on her feet." Cedric looked lost

"What? When you're dancing?" Julia asked

"Yeah, I can't remember the dance and all the champions have to dance in front of the whole school and I'm scared i'll step on her feet or what if I like..." before he could finish, Maeve went up to him, grabbed his hand putting it on her waist and then taking his other hand, she guided him around the common room. Julia was laughing so hard at Cedric's face.

"At least when you're dancing with her, make it look like you're enjoying yourself and not like you're about to shit yourself, mate." Melvin walked in. Julia grabbed Melvin and the four just danced around the common room all morning, laughing at Cedric.

Lunch rolled around and she went to meet up with the twins.

"You missed breakfast." Fred looked up at her as she sat down.

"Cedric needed a dance lesson this morning." She laughed, "I feel really bad for Cho." The boys laughed. Maeve was really excited about tonight. Deep down she was excited about getting dressed up, she's usually in slacks and work boots. Fred didn't care if she'd turn up in a trench coat and slippers, he just wanted to dance with her.

"I gotta say, Maeve I'm interested to see what you're wearing tonight. I don't think I've ever seen you dress up." George laughed, "you always have some type of dirt on you or those terrible boots you always wear."

"Well I'm not going to wear heels into the forest. Id get stuck." She smirked, "I should head back soon though. Julia wants to do my make up and I want to give her enough time incase she makes me look like a clown and I have to wash it off." She kissed Fred on the cheek and high-fived George.

"See you later love, I'll be the one in the dress." Fred joked, Maeve just laughed and walked off.

"I wonder if she'll still smell like hippogriff." George chuckled.

The day went on, the girls dorms were bustling, make up was being tossed all over. Maeve wanted simple make up, since her dress wasn't a crazy color. Julia decided to keep it natural, pink eye shadow and a little bit of mascara. But the final touch was gold glitter that masked her face.