Don't worry I'm used to it...

JEFF'S POV: 

     It did not take us that long to arrive at my house. I knew that my parents were most likely out on a date again and they would come home late. Liu probably had his headphones in again playing his dumb games. 

     "Wow.. your house isn't that far from mine," Jack said in between breaths as we practically ran to my home. 

     "Yeah... I kinda recognized the area." I brushed my hair nervously out of my face. I mean, I did not want to look like a stalker. I simply remembered because I'd go to any home to trick o' treat when I was little and distinctly remembered Jack's home. I don't know why. Don't ask questions. 

     "Come inside," I said as I unlocked the door to my house. I took off my socks which where encrusted with dirt as this point. I turned around to see Jack looking curiously around my home. 

     "Wow!" he exclaimed. "Your house is so pretty!" I felt myself blush at his comment but tried to cover it up. 

     "Thanks." 

     "Do you want me to take off my shoes?" Jack asked, watching me as I threw my dirty socks aside. 

     "Only if you want to," I muttered. Jack shrugged as he took off his shoes anyway, leaving them by the entrance. "Where to now?" 

     "My room. Follow me!" I started walking up the stairs and turned my head slightly to make sure he was following me. When we arrived to the door of my room, I gestured him to enter. He got inside and I softly closed the door behind me. Jack was, once again, staring admirably at my room. 

     "Your room is so cool!" he gushed. Again, this boy (me!!!)  was blushing. And... once again... I shrugged. 

    "Thanks." I said again. I walked up to my bed and jumped into it, face first. I sighed loudly as I did so. I felt the mattress sink and felt Jack's presence. I lifted my upper body up from the bed and laid against my pillows. I patted next to me to indicate Jack to join. After everything that I witnessed, I did not know how to start. So I decided it was best for me to just look at my bedding. All of a sudden, everything became awkward. I could tell Jack was sensing it too. 

   "So..." he began. 

    Nobody knew what to say. The two of us stayed in almost complete silence till I decided to speak up. 

     "....Is it always like that?" Jack just nodded. It pissed me that Jack's father would treat him that way. I felt the rage boiling inside of me. I clenched my fists till they were white without even noticing. Jack saw and unclenched my fist to hold my hand. I looked down, completely unexpecting of his gesture. I looked into Jack's eyes to see him tearing up. 

     His hand tightened around mine as he said, "Don't worry, I'm used to it." 

     His comment made me more angry. "Nobody should be used to that!" I basically shouted. Jack flinched a bit and I felt immediate guilt. Jack broke our eye contact to look at our hands instead. 

     "...You can stay here as long as you'd like," I offered. Jack looked back up, a huge grin appearing on his face. 

     "I'd love that. But I think my parents will not like it as much as I do." A tear trailed down his porcelain face. 

     "Well... you can stay here till you're ready to go home." 

     Jack thought about it for a minute. I could tell. Then, hesitantly, he nodded, his grin growing larger. Then Jack looked uncertain. "What about your parents?" he asked. 

     "Don't worry about them. They hardly remember about me and Liu." Jack smiled about this, but that smile turned into one of... I guess you could call pity? 

     "I'm sorry." Jack whispered. 

     "Please don't worry," I begged. I hated pity. "Anyways, I'd love for you to stay over." 

     "Thank you!" Jack exclaimed happily, as he hugged me tightly, nearly taking my breath away. I was totally surprised, and after a few seconds, I awkwardly patted him on the back. When Jack broke the hug, he looked troubled. "But where would I stay?" 

     "You can sleep in my bed... if you'd like?" I looked down at our clasped hands, feeling the pink return upon my cheeks.... curse you pale skin!!! 

     "But where would you sleep?" Jack asked. "I couldn't possibly take your bed!" 

     I rubbed my neck nervously. "I mean I can sleep on the floor... or the same bed if you want?" I looked up to see Jack's expression. 

     "We can sleep in the same bed!" Jack cheered as he gave me another bone-crushing hug.

     "You tired now?" I asked. 

     "Yes," Jack said tiredly. 

     "Let's sleep then, " I felt my cheeks only blush more. I went to turn off the light and tug the covers over us. Almost instantly Jack fell asleep.... as he spooned me!!!! That night I felt it harder than ever to fall asleep. How could I... when the man I had a crush on was sleeping next to me on the same bed?!!!!!!!!

     Think about that!