Mall Trip!!

JEFF'S POV: 

     Thirty minutes later and we finally arrived at the mall. I thanked the Uber, and together Jack and I entered inside. Right away I noticed how packed it was today. Jack seemed to notice, too, as he hung closer to me. I gave him a quizzical stare... maybe he just does not like big crowds? 

     "Let's go to Hot Topic!!" I said excitedly. My sudden outburst made Jack jump. I pulled him along, because I naturally knew the way to Hot Topic. I mean, come on, I've been there at least a million times... it'd be sad if I DIDN'T know. 

     I felt at home when we finally arrived into the store. Jack looked around curiously, gazing in wonder. "Wow, Hot Topic is incredible," he nearly squealed. Jack walked up to the shirts hanging on the wall. "We even fit in." he chuckled. 

     "WAIT!! YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO HOT TOPIC?!!" A few customers and employees turned to look at me as I've basically shrieked, but then quickly looked away. Jack also looked shook. 

     The answer to my question was no as Jack replied, "Nope." 

     "That's it... we're going on a Hot Topic spree!!" 

     Needless to say, I spent like $300 in one visit. Jack spent his entire allowance, which according to him was a lot. Like $500 a lot. All our stuff fit into 6 Hot Topic bags together. As we left the store, Toby met with us. "I knew you'd be here!" Toby sighed. 

     "How'd you know?" I raised a smug eyebrow. 

     "Because you're a freaking edge lord, Jeff!" 

      "That's true," Jack agreed. 

     The trio of us visited the food court. I got some sushi, while Toby and Jack got hamburgers with milkshakes. The sun was beginning to go down as we finished our food. I fished my phone out of my pocket to see that it was 5:33. Dang!! You can really lose track of time when you're in the best store in the world. I'm talking about Hot Topic, people!! 

    We ventured to a few more stores. I wanted to save 2nd best for last. And it was a store I'm sure Jack would drool over for... literally. I covered Jack's eyes as Toby and I guided him to stand in front of the store. "Drum roll please," I said. Toby mimicked the drum rolls as I removed my hands. When Jack opened his eyes, the expression on his face was priceless., as though he just won the lottery. 

    "Lolli and pops?" Jack read the sign, smiling so wide. He was still gawking, so I tugged him inside. Jack ran around the store, sneaking candies into his mouth when an employee was watching. But then something dawned upon him. "Aw man! I already spent all of my allowance!" he cried like toddler. 

     "Don't worry, the treat is on me!" I grinned. Jack's smile came back. He chose one of the jars to fill the candies, choosing just about every sweet possible. Gummy bears, lollipops, sour belts, you name it.

    As I watched Jack pick out his candies, Toby blocked my view so he could stand right in front of me. "So..." he said happily, but I know that tone of voice. What did he want now... dramatic sigh. "Is the treat for me, too?" 

    "Get outta here," I laughed pushing Toby's face away from me. "You can pay it yourself!" 

    "Aw man!!" Toby whined. 

     Toby's mom picked us up later that day as the sun was kissing the horizon. She drove Jack and I to my place and I thanked her for the ride. "Thank you, Mrs. Rogers!" I said politely. "Byeeee Toby!" Toby stuck his head out the window. 

     "You're a meanie!" he pouted, still wind up over me not buying him candy. 

     "Please don't be mad at me!" I said in a baby voice. I made a little face at him, batting my eyelashes dramatically. Toby couldn't hold it in and laughed. 

     "Of course I can't." Toby said in between laughs. Mrs. Rogers in the front seat just sighed and roller her eyes. 

      "You boys are silly," she muttered, letting out a small laugh as well. "See you boys later. And it was nice meeting you Jack." 

     "You, too, Mrs. Rogers. Take care!" 

      "See ya!" Toby yelled as the Rogers' car sped up the street and took a turn, leaving just Jack and I only on the streets. 

     "Let's go inside," I told Jack as we picked up our bags and entered my house. The night was still young.