He Will Never Hurt You Again.

TRIGGER WARNING: some cursing!!! And a little bit of angst DX

JEFF'S POV: 

     When Liu left, it was only me and Jack in the kitchen. I had no idea where my parents left. They came home pretty drunk so I assumed they were sleeping. I couldn't really give a care to check on them...

     Jack was eating his breakfast like he hadn't had a meal in days. I was staring at him as I cut the egg on top of my toast, letting all the yolk spill out and contaminate the avocado. I really hoped he did not remember the events of last night. But then I do. UGH... I don't know how to feel. 

     "Why are you staring at me like that?" Jack interrupted my thoughts in between bites. 

      I quickly averted my gaze to my food. "Sorry, just thinking." I said flatly. 

     "About?" Jack asked. Oh shit! What do I say? 

      "Erm... it's nothing." I scratched my neck nervously. I grabbed my knife and scooped up some of the egg. When I looked back up, Jack was completely done with his toast and began licking the remnants on the plate. "You're such an animal," I said laughing. "I can make you another one if you're that desperate you'd actually lick the plate." Jack's cheek heated up. 

     "Nah, it's fine. Do you have orange juice?" 

     "Yeah, it's in the fridge. And the cups are in that cabinet," I pointed to said cabinet. 

     "Thanks!" As Jack went to pour himself a cup, I continued eating my toast. The house was filled in silence except for the clanking of the knife and fork and Jack's loud gulping sounds. Jack drank his juice in like ten seconds, tops, and then began pouring himself another glass and took his seat next to me. "My head hurts!" Jack complained loudly. 

     "That's what you get when you drink too much," I chuckled, sticking my tongue at Jack. 

     "So what was it that you were thinking?" Jack asked once again. Should I tell him? I mean, I'd like to know what he remembered. I stopped eating, thinking over the outcomes. What if he gets mad? Or if he did remember... and things might just be awkward? I mean he was beyond wasted, maybe all of that was just an accident. "...you're thinking again," Jack stated. "What is it? Tell me!" Jack grabbed me by the shoulders and started shaking me aggressively. 

     I opened my mouth, about to say it. Then I shut it. I could feel Jack gaze into my soul as I refused to look him in the eyes. "Umm.. do you remember anything about last night?" 

    "Last night?" Now it was Jack who was deep in thought. "I kinda forgot most of what happened. I remember we were playing truth and dare and all that. And a little bit of the vodka.... but that is all I remember." I don't know how to feel about that... I was kinda hurt I guess. But I refused to let it show on my face. "Why?" Jack asked. "Did I do anything stupid?" Jack facepalmed himself, his cheeks lighting up. 

     "Nah, unless you counted snorting fun dip," I quickly lied, a fake smile plastered onto my face. 

     "Oh my god!! Yeah, that seems something I'd do." 

      Welp. It seems like Jack did not remember after all. It was just him being drunk. It's probably best. And we're just friends. So that's good. Most of the day was spent watching movies with Jack. Nothing too special. My focus was on Jack though, and whenever he looked at my direction I pretended to watch the movie. Still, I feel like shit...

JACK'S POV: 

     The moment Jeff asked if I remember about last night, panic set in!! I totally remembered that kiss. If he knew I liked him that way, he'd surely not wanna be friends with me anymore. My dad always said I'd never find anyone. No boy, girl or even nonbinary person would want me. I'd be lucky to even have a friend, my dad would also say. Jeff was one of the first friends I've ever had. I would not want to ruin it because my stupid ass couldn't control itself. Forgive me if Jeff looked too damn handsome!!! Besides, I'm 99.9% sure he was not gay.