FIGHT!!

JACK'S POV: 

    The weekend came and went, unfortunately. I hadn't been home since Friday. I knew I had to go back some time. In the meantime, I've been borrowing Jeff's clothes and stuff. He has a cool style, but at times I felt embarrassed that I didn't have my own clothes with me. His parents hardly acknowledged me. Thinking about it now, they rarely even acknowledged their own sons presence. At least Liu was cool with me being at his house.

    At the moment, the Woods brothers and I were walking to school. I was wearing one of Jeff's hoodies and a pair of ripped jeans. Every step I took I became more and more nervous. For one, my new dramatic appearance. Another, well it's high school.. nothing else to elaborate there. I kept staring at the ground, ignoring Jeff and Liu as I was clouded by my thoughts. That is until I nearly tripped on one of the steps up to the school. I felt a pair of warm hands grip onto my forearm, inches away from the ground. 

     "Where are you... in la la land?" Jeff asked, amused. I felt my face turn pink. Jeff still hadn't let go of me. When he realized this, it was his turn to blush. He quickly let go. Liu was smirking at us, and I stuck my tongue at him. I think we got along over the weekend. 

     I was expecting a lot of stares as we entered into the school. Then I noticed no one really cared about what color my hair was. I was kinda glad. But then I also felt like a ghost, just looming in the hallways. Liu separated from us as we made it to Jeff's locker. The younger Woods brother was kind enough to lend me some school supplies from his house, as I left my things at my house... another reason why I had to eventually go home. Oh boy, I'm going to have to give so many excuses as to why I didn't have my homework with me. 

    The bell finally rang, and I went to my respective homeroom as did Jeff. I was sad to see him go. Thankfully, it wouldn't be long till I see him in the first period. 

     As I suspected, most of my teachers were not happy that I did not have the homework. One of them even said, "Wow, so you had the time to dye your hair but not finish your homework? This is your first warning." Like come on woman, I am not gonna devote my whole life to school!!!! Shaking my head!! If I was a bit more confident I would definitely had said something. I just nodded my head and took what she had to say. Jeff sat beside me, and when the teacher turned her back, he flipped her off. This made me chuckle, which in the silence of the classroom, came out pretty loud. Let's just say she was not happy. 

    Lunch came around, and Toby made it very clear he was upset that we did not let him in with the "emo gang" as he called it. 

     "Dude!! I totally wanted to dye my hair with you guys!!" Toby complained with a mouth full of turkey sandwich. 

     "Your mom would kill you if you did," Jeff rolled his eyes. I laughed as Toby pouted. 

      "Yeah, you're right." Poor Toby looked defeated. 

     More bickering nonsense came out of Jeff's and Toby's mouths as I just listened. I quite had a tough Monday already. I was not in the mood to talk much. As I was shoveling sour candy into my mouth, I was thinking about how it is going to be when I get home. I had my phone in my pocket when I left, but I never once received any calls or texts even from my own mother! This could only mean I'd be in huge trouble. I very much dread the return home. 

     I felt someone tugging at my arm. Then I realized someone was calling my name. "Huh?" 

     "Jackie, you okay?" 

     "Wha?" 

      "You keep zoning out?" Jeff chuckled, but it was laced with concern.

      I shook the thoughts away. "Ah yeah, just thinking. And did you just call me Jackie?" I grinned. 

     Jeff faced away from me so I couldn't see his face. Most likely blushing though! "It just kinda slipped," he was so embarrassed.

     "Aw that's cute." I remarked smugly. "I'll call you Jeffy then." Toby was making puking noises across from me at our table. 

     "Get a room!" Toby joked. Jeff rolled his eyes but shared the smile with me. 

     Before the hoard of cranky students left the cafeteria in a traffic jam, Jeff, Toby and I decided to make the call to leave earlier. I don't like to be pushed around, especially when my bruises still kinda hurt. We made it to the bathroom to do our own business. I don't know why teachers hate it so much when students ask to use the bathroom in class; at least this way we get that shit out of the way. 

     Toby was still complaining about how we left him out. Jeff never brought up how I basically lived with him the entire weekend. I was glad for that. "Next time you guys plan something, you better invite me... or else," Toby threatened. 

     "Duh," Jeff said as he was checking himself out in the mirror. He was playing with his hair and making it do the little swoosh. 

     The door to the bathroom banged open, and in came Randy with his gang. "I knew you'd be here. I could smell the fear on you." Randy laughed at his joke. Troy thought it would be comedic to exaggeratedly sniff the air like a hunting dog. He just looked dumb. 

     Jeff did not even turn to face them as he sassed, "The only fear you're smelling is from your two stupid friends following you like lost puppies." Keith and Troy did not look happy at this comment. Even worse was that Randy had a glint of danger in his eyes; it was more directed at Jeff. 

     After a moment, Randy growled, "Oh wow!! The fags have matching hair colors. How cute!" Obviously that was dripping with sarcasm. Randy took a step towards us. Unfortunately for me, I was closest. Before I had the chance to take a step back, Randy gripped me by my hair and gave me a colossal punch into my stomach area. I couldn't even have the time to register the pain as Keith and Troy tagged along with the punches. One punch, two punch, three and I'm down!!! Great, new bruises to add to my collection.... 

   The next thing that happened I was not expecting at all. I couldn't see it all as I was on the ground, holding dear life to my stomach that was howling from the now sudden pain. Jeff lounged for my attackers. He gripped Randy's arm and freaking twisted it... I was totally sure it was sprained. Then he tripped Randy who landed close to me, moaning in pain as his fall left a loud thud. Troy and Keith were kinda out of my range of sight, but I could hear their retreating footsteps as they tried to back away. "Come on, haven't you always wanted to fight?" I've only ever heard Jeff this enraged before when it was with my dad. He wasn't even yelling, lest we get caught. Still, I felt shivers run down my spine. I heard a couple of loud punches and then Keith was down, too. And then after just a single punch, Troy joined us on the floor, coughing up vomit that almost reached me. 

      "Let's go," Jeff murmured, offering me a hand which I quickly took. And just on time, the bell rang. 

     The boys were still sprawled on the floor, crying like babies. Keith was trying to wipe off Troy's vomit. Troy looked like he was knocked out... well, he probably was. And Randy never let his gaze off of Jeff as the two of us made our way out of the bathroom. Toby still looked quite shocked, but quickly followed our lead. "...this isn't over." Randy grunted in pain. The three of us left without a single word to the beaten boys. 

     "That was amazing!!" Toby cried in admiration to Jeff once we left the bathrooms. 

      Jeff brushed Toby's compliment as he stopped me in the middle of the hallway. The students were already coming out of the cafeteria, so we were kinda pushed around by incoming teens. Jeff made me face him as he asked, "Are you okay?" I just nodded. No, I wasn't really okay. But sometimes you gotta put a fake smile, which was exactly what I did. 

     "Yeah, you okay?" Toby quickly added as well, giving me a friendly pat on the back. Although I did not know him too well, I can tell Toby actually cared about me. 

     "Yeah, I'm fine," I replied. It looked liked I convinced Toby. Jeff not so much. "We should probably get to class," I said as I noticed the corridors begin to look a bit empty. 

     "Okay." Jeff muttered. He looked a bit sad. I hope he wasn't sad. 

     I just want him to be happy.