Chapter 1: Green ink

On this exact date, 3 years ago , I got a letter saying that I was accepted into a wizarding school. My parents are common folks who owns a jewellery store in Brussels, Belgium. At first they thought that I made the letter myself but when seeing the confusion on my face, they knew.

After that day, I've never seen that letter anymore nor heard for it. they were convinced that I had just imagined it or simply read wrong. But I wasn't. I had learned the hard way when to stop asking questions, so after a while I forgot about it.

"Victoria!" my mom yelled for the 4th time. I was breaking into a sweat, searching for the ancient documents they demanded me to find out of thin air before the inspector would arrive. I was in my parents office, in the back of the jewellery store. The boutique was a family business and one day it would be mine. The office is a squire shaped room with an uncomfortably high ceiling. The walls were painted pitch black with some jewels presenting on it. I had always hated this room.

"I really can't find them mom, give me some damn time!" I spat it out. Tired and not in the mood anymore to go on , I let myself sink onto the floor. The floor was covered with emerald green carpet, feeling a little bit too comfortable sitting there. I wanted to cry out of frustration, but decided quickly not let my emotions get the best of me. I sat there for a good 5 minutes when I realised that my mom had stopped bothering me. The inspector had probably arrived. Thank god. I stood up and wondered around the room. There was a huge brown wooden bookcase covered with glass. My hands felt raw, but they still managed to open the doors of the bookcase. I was not allowed in it, and I knew. I had never understood why, till something caught my eye. There was a thick brown parchment-ish envelope hidden behind my parents old wedding book. I felt instantly attracted towards it. It was like an invisible force leading me towards the paper. Completely covered with tape, I grabbed to envelope and turned it over in my hands. Deciding what to do with it, it was clear I was not able to open it without ripping it apart. "Well, they probably even forgot that it existed anyway." I ripped it open and cut my finger open while doing so. I gasped the moment I read the first words that peeking through. I recognized it immediately and vivid memories of 3 years ago flashed back before my closed eyes. It was the letter they convinced me that never existed. Not only was I in chock from finding the never existing letter, but also because there were 10 of them. All from different dates during the past 3 years. I felt furious. I sat myself down and took a close look at the envelope.

Victoria Blackburn,

Europe street 12, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

The letter were written on brown parchment with a really old smell. In green ink, my name and address were written with a sloppy handwriting. The envelope was sealed with a purple wax stamp that said Hogwarts school of wizarding. From what I could make out, the school was located in Scotland. "Why would they be so desperate for me to come to Scotland?" I asked myself in a sarcastic tone. I laughed at myself. Asking why they wanted me to come, and not why I received letters form a wizarding school. I nearly fainted when I heard a voice answer my thoughts.

"I heard you had some trouble finding the documents?" my papa said in a suspicious tone. "Funny isn't it?" he added while I shoved the letters under my sweater.

"What's funny papa?" I asked totally startled.

"Don't know, you are the one who's laughing." His eyes pierced mine searching for a confession with a small smirk on his face. My silence made it worse. He busted out in a loud laugh. Pointing to my sweater were I had hidden the letters "So, you found the letters?"

"Which letters?" I said before thinking, looking down were the letters had fallen out of my clothes. My head turned as red as a tomato. "Oh" was the only thing I could say.

"If you are going to play Sherlock, make sure to erase your traces next time." My eyes followed my papa's and saw a red stain on the bright green carpet on the exact place where I had opened the envelope with such enthusiasm that it had cut my finger open. I didn't understand anything of the situation. Am I going crazy, or are my parents lying? I sat down with my mother and papa, talking about what was going to be the weirdest turn in my life. An old man came to visit nearly 2 years ago when they had ignored the first 4 letters. He explained what Hogwarts was and why my parents had never heard of it before. Because they are Maggles? Muggles? I don't know anymore. So basically I was the first witch in the family. At least in this generation. My great-great-great aunt on my papa's side was also a witch. In the old time witchcraft was a very sensitive topic. She was burned at the stake before she could give birth to her child. Otherwise the chances of other witches and wizards in our family were very high. I decided to go. I had always attended a muggle school in Brussels. Already missed a couple of basic magic years, I was damn scared to go. What would my friends say or think? I couldn't tell them, so I told them that I went to a boarding school in England. It was not much of a lie. Before I knew, I was packing for my new adventure. The list of things I needed what rather...strange...

I booked a ticket for the Eurostar, a train thatrides from Brussels straight to London within less than 3 hours

I booked a ticket for the Eurostar, a train thatrides from Brussels straight to London within less than 3 hours. In less than aweek, I would be on the Hogwarts Express, riding from London towards my newschool in Scotland. Good thing I was fluent in English.