Kaminari Denki: Switching Classes

Humming peacefully, a slow, bittersweet song, was myself. The spring had rolled around, Japan was colourful and beautiful. The cherry blossom trees had bloomed, their baby pink petals lightly brushing through the wind as I sat under one in a park not far from U.A. High School. I had settled myself under one of the aesthetic trees with a classic book in my lap to help me improve my English, The Scarlet Letter. I smiled softly as the breeze glided passed me and through my hair. No one was around, only a few people walking their dogs or visiting the park with either their children or partners, everyone else was at school or work. I had decided against going to school today, mainly because there was an open shift at the café where I worked, so they allowed me to pick it up, my parents agreed because I was achieving top grades in all my classes and had enough extra credit to miss a couple classes. My parents not only believed in my academic achievements but were incredibly supportive, so when I had mentioned that I no longer wanted to develop my quirk and become a hero, they agreed to help persuade the teachers at U.A. to move me out of the hero course. I was in my second year and this week I wasn't attending, allowing time for teachers to adjust schedules and seating as they requested.

"(Y/n)!" A honey coated voice called out from behind me. I lifted my head, saving my page and turning around.

"Miketsu, good afternoon!" I smiled, standing up to approach the red haired girl.

"Schools are out, it's about to get busy. Come on." I nodded and hurried back into the café. The building had outdoor seating decorated in fairy lights that backed onto the park perfectly. It's usually the most popular area for diners because it was quiet, aesthetic and there was usually very nice weather, and the main are I worked with customers.

I grabbed an apron from behind the counter, greeting the regular customers as I passed them, slipping a small black notebook and pen into the little pockets of my apron.

A group of students walked in not long after my second shift had began, while I was serving other customers, laughing at a polite comment one of them had made.

"I'll bring you and your son your usual's soon." The older woman, although very youthful in appearance, sent me a grateful smile as her son looked up from his phone and sent me a gentle nod and weak smile. I nodded, heading up to the counter. I slipped two small plates from the counter and carefully cut a slice of one chocolate cake and set a large muffin onto the other plate along with two forks, setting it all onto a circular tray. I quickly poured the woman's favourite latte, adding in a vanilla stick for her to stir with, popping it onto the tray before adding her son's large hot chocolate. I grabbed a small tablet sheet from my bag and set it on the tray too. I followed my route to them in the outside seating area. I carefully set the drinks onto the table, then the cakes and cutlery. The son, Kier, groaned, setting his phone down and pulling his hood up. I smiled gently and handed him the tablet sheet. Painkillers. He was around twenty years old and had a mid-afternoon meeting with his mother most days, and sometimes he turned up hungover, so we always had painkillers at the ready for his arrival. Kier smiled, taking them from my hand.

"You're a life saver, (N/n)." I bowed, excusing myself when I had noticed no one had served the newer customers. I turned to look at them and noticed a very familiar group. Mina, Sero, Kirishima, Bakugou and...Denki. I composed myself, smiling as I gracefully went over to them.

"Good afternoon, I'll be your waitress today, can I get you started with any drinks?" The group turned to look at me in surprise, sharing glances. "I can come back if you're not ready...?" Mina shook her head.

"No! No! It's all fine! Could I get Mocha and a pulled-pork sandwhich, please?" I nodded, jotting it down next to her name. I looked over to the next to speak, Kirishima.

"Uh, vegetarian taco and a large strawberry smoothie? Thanks." I nodded as the boy allowed his pointed teeth to be on display as he smiled brightly, thanking me as I wrote it down. Sero put in his order next.

"Large diet coke and the..." He stared intently at the menu he had stolen from Kirishima. "Spicy shrimp wrap!?...Is that good?" I nodded with a giggle.

"Yes, it's actually very good."

"That then, please." I noted it down with a nod, looking over to Bakugou and Denki as I awaited their answers. Bakugou announced his order.

"BLT spring rolls, Korean green plum." I nodded with a secret smile, not have expected Katsuki to order an iced tea.

"And you?" I send a cute smile to my boyfriend, one who hadn't seen me in almost a week. We had spoken, yes, but we hadn't seen each other because I hadn't been at school. Denki just continued to stare at me, I couldn't quite tell what his emotion was at the moment. I saw Mina kick him under the table.

"Kaminari!" She hissed, nodding to the menu. He snapped out of his daze.

"Oh, uh, coke and I'm not really that hungry." I nodded, writing down his drink.

"I'll be right back with your orders." Once I had turned around, I sighed, slipping into the kitchen with a huff. "Here you go." I handed the order to the kitchen staff before going back to the front and began preparing the drinks.
Once I was finished with the drinks, I wandered over to my friends table and carefully set the drinks in front of the corresponding people.
Ten minutes later, I was called to the kitchen, where I found the prepared meals. I smiled in thanks before taking them over to the U.A. student's table.

"Thanks, Pix." Bakugou had a habit of calling me Pix because instead of my own name, mainly because I had pixie wings, that was my quirk. The others all showed their thanks and smiled. I handed Denki a portion of fries. He looked up to me in confusion.

"I know you said you weren't hungry, but you always say that, you need to eat something, Kami." He sent me a soft smile.

"Thanks." As I began to walk away, Denki spoke over his friends as they immersed themselves into their own conversation. "(N/n)!" He quickly got up and cam over to me, taking a light hold of my wrist. "Why haven't you been at U.A. recently? We're all worried, you're okay, right?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just over the last two years I've realised I don't think I want to be a hero. So the teachers are shifting things around this weeks so I can be transferred into one of the general classes, or even the support class."

"You don't want to be a hero?" I shook my head with a sad smile.

"No," Denki followed me as I headed over to the counter to clean some stuff away. "I realised that my quirk isn't exactly adaptable for offensive combat, I've tried to adapt it, that's why I stayed in the course for so long. I'll still be at U.A...just in a different room."

"So, I'll still see you around?" I nodded, smiling.

"I can see you more than between classes, I hope you know that, Kami." He nodded with a chuckle, his hair flopping around.

"Great, I'm still seeing you Saturday, right?" I nodded again with a light laugh.

"I'll meet you by the mall fountain at the usual time, I promise." I leant over the counter and pecked his lips with a smile. "Now go back to your friends." Denki smiled with a nod, soon heading back over to the others.

"I'll see you this weekend, my love."