Depression

Moonaline
Takes place in season 1

No ones POV

Kanan crawled through the hatch and looked at the others, shaking his head.

Hera frowned. "Where's Ezra?"

Kanan got teary. "H-he's dead..."

Sabine paled. "No...no no...he was too young. He wasn't even with us that long and we killed him.."

Hera went over and hugged Kanan. "Go get some rest..okay..?"

Kanan cried into her and nods a little, going to his room and threw his saber, laying in his bed.

Rex knocked on the door and walked in. "Hey.." he walked over to him and sat down. "You alright? I heard about what happened..I'm so sorry.."

Kanan shrugged. "I just wanna be alone..grieve by myself.." he snuggled into the covers and closed his eyes.

Rex nods. "Understandable.." he left the room.

Kanan sniffled.

—time skip a week later—

Kanan frowned and cried into his hands. "I'm so sorry kid...I'm so sorry.."

Rex came in with another tray of food and looked at the last tray he brought and sighed, noticing it wasn't even touched. "Kanan, you need to eat." He set the tray down by him. "Look Kanan." He sat next to him. "I'm sorry about what happened..things happen in ways we don't understand why..or how. But they do..and we just have to live through them." He rubbed Kanans shoulder. "And ask yourself, would Ezra want to see you like this..?"

Kanan looked at him and got teary. "How can I know..? He's dead.." he cried into Rex.

Rex rubbed his back. "Let it out Kanan.." he rocked him.

Kanan relaxed a little and sniffled. "Thank you..I needed that.."

Rex put his hand on kanans cheek and kissed his head, then widened his eyes. "I'm sorry.."

"No..it's okay...could you stay with me please..?"

Rex smiled and nods, laying him down and held him close, kissing his cheek. "I love you.."

"Love you too.."

Ezra smiled at them and kissed kanans head. "Goodbye Kanan jarrus...please don't forget about me." He faded.