Perfect wife

317345maddie

Takes place in season 4

No ones POV

Rex sat on their couch and watched tv. "Love are you coming to eat with me?"

"Already did, I'm just reading." He sighed and looked over. 'How to be a perfect wife' magazine. He frowned. "Okay..I've been doing this all wrong..." he kept reading. "Gotta do all the cleaning...all the cooking....make sure it's always nice and organized in the house. Make sure that your husband is treated well since he most likely makes the money.." Kanan sighed and nods. "Put yourself last.."

Kanan nod and started getting the entire house cleaned up:

Rex looked at him. "Kanan, Whatre you doing?"

"Just cleaning up a little bit." He smiled and finished. "There we go, how about we get some sleep?"

Rex nods. "Yeah..I'm beat.." he grabbed kanans hand and turns off the tv and walked with him to their room, he got into pjs and laid down, patting the spot next to him.

Kanan got into pjs and snuggled close.

Rex chuckled. "Goodnight my love."

"Goodnight.."

Rex slowly fell asleep.

Kanan sighed and looked up, then got up and got dressed. He grabbed his wallet and looked around the house, then went to the store and picked up supplied to renovate and create a nice looking home. He went home and put noise cancelling earbuds into rexs ears so he wouldn't wake up, then went to work. He started cleaning out the living room and started tearing the walls apart, he then added insulation, new boards, and then sheet rock, he then painted it a nice light blue color and then smiled. He put in a new tv stand to hold all their games and game consoles, then put a nice grey recliner chair, then a nice long cough and put the pillows in.

He wiped the sweat off his forehead, then placed pictures all over the room. "There we go.." he smiled. He looked at the time. "1;30 in the morning. Gotta do the kitchen next, then when Rex goes to work I'll get going on the bedroom, then both bathrooms, then the guest rooms, then the play room for when kids come over." He smiled. "And that'll be it." He began to get to work.

—-time skip—

Rex yawned and got up, then took the buds out of his ears and looked confused. He then looked at kanans side of the bed, noticing he was missing. "Kanan.." he got up and went to the living room. "Woah..this looks amazing!" He smiled and went into the kitchen. "Oh my god..This kitchen is beautiful!!" He looked at Kanan who was cooking.

Kanan chuckled. "Thank you love."

Rex ran over. "You did this..? Did you get any sleep..?" He frowned.

"Yeah, I'm alright." He hands Rex his plate. "There we go..your favorite."

Rex looked confused and takes it. "Umm..thank you.." he sat at the table and looked at Kanan. "Aren't you coming to eat with me..?"

Kanan shakes his head. "Not hungry." He put the rest of the food into the new and organized fridge and smiled. "Alright, let me go get your work clothes.."

"I'm off today, remember?"

"Oh yeah...sorry..guess I forgot what day it was.."

Rex goes to him. "Kanan...what's going on?"

Kanan looked at him. "Nothing, nothings going on.."

Rex looked over to the side and picked up the magazine. 'How to be a perfect wife.' "Kanan..do you not think you're perfect..?"

Kanan looked down. "I..." he sighed.

Rex frowned and hugged him. "You're already perfect...don't listen to this crap; now let's get the rest of the house renovated together, and we can't go out for dinner tonight. How does that sound?"

"It doesn't sound like some a perfect wife should let their husband do.." Kanan let go. "Go hang out with Gregory and Wolffe today, I'll finsih the renovations, and you can go out for dinner with them tonight."

Rex sighed and took the magazine and burned it in their fireplace. "Kanan." He sat him down on the couch. "Listen to me, I know for a fact. You're a perfect wife..an amazing man who loves me and takes care of me..but you doing all of this is too much..I can see it. You haven't slept at all and you look exhausted..so how about this..? You get some sleep. We do the renovations tomorrow? And I get some take out for dinner?"

Kanan frowned and looked down.

Rex smiled and kissed him. "You're perfect in my eyes..that's all that matters Kanan.."

Kanan looked at him and hugged him. "Thank you.."

Rex chuckled. "I love you..now go sleep." He smiled and brought Kanan to bed, tucking him in.

Kanan smiled. "Love you too..." he fell asleep.