Different ending

Takes place in season 3
Moonaline

No ones POV

Kanan watched as Ezra tripped and fell over a crate. "Ow.." Kanan frowned and ran over, helping him up. "You alright..?"

Ezra pulled away. "I'm fine.." he held his arms out and guided himself to the ghost.

Kanan frowned and looked down, he went to the edge of the hill and got teary, sitting down. He covered his face and cried into his hands. "You're a worthless master Kanan jarrus, look what happened to your student..the one you were supposed to protect..." he looked at the moons. "If I can't protect one person..how can I protect anyone else..?" He grabbed his saber and cried softly. "10...9..."

Rex looked over. "Kanan?" He walked over.

Kanan quickly cleaned his face and acted as if he was cleaning his saber. "Hey Rex, how's it going?"

"You alright?" He frowned and took the saber. "You wanna talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about Rex, I'm fine." He watched the moons and sniffled.

Rex rubbed his back. "Ezra doesn't blame you Kanan, neither does anyone else."

"Well I blame me Rex." He took his hand off. "Just go away and leave me be."

"No Kanan, not until I figure out what's going on! I know you were trying to Kill yourself. You think that won't affect anyone? I'd rather die than not spend my life with you in it!" He quickly covered his mouth.

Kanan looked up at him. "What..?"

Rex blushed. "Look..Kanan..I like you a lot..okay? And seeing you like this hurts me..I know it hurts Kanan but it will always get better, just trust the force right?"

Kanan nods a little and sniffled, holding Rexs hand.

Rex smiled. "How about you sleep in my quarters tonight? Just us two?"

Kanan nods a little and got up slowly with Rex, Rex bringing him to the quarters. "I got one big bed, so get comfy."

Kanan goes into the bed and snuggled into the sheet.

Rex tucked him in and got in next to him, holding him close, acting as the big spoon. "Just know whenever you need someone to talk to..I'm right here.." he kissed his head. "I love you.."

Kanan sniffled. "Love you too.."