Loss

Moonaline
Takes place in season 4

No ones POV

Kanan sat on the transport, holding Ezras saber.

Sabine ran out of the transport and threw her helmet when she landed, crying.

Zeb frowned and goes to Hera. "What's going on..?"

"Ezras gone Zeb.." She frowned.

"What do you mean? Like captured?"

"No zeb...he's dead..." Hera got teary.

Kanan went to the edge of the cliff and got teary. "I failed him.." he cried into his fists. "No...Ezra.."

Rex ran over to Zeb. "What's going on?"

"Ezras dead.." Zeb went to his cabin.

Rex paled and looked for Kanan. "Kanan?! Kanan!" He kept looking.

Kanan kept crying into his hands. "I'm sorry...You didn't deserve this...I'm so sorry...Please...please...forgive me.."

Rex walked over to Kanan and frowned, sitting next to him. He held him close and hugged him tightly. "He was a good kid..."

Kanan sniffled. "It's all my fault..I should've died...not him..he was so young...he deserved more than he did in life."

"I know love..but we can't change the past..but think now..he's with his parents..he's free, he's happy.."

Kanan cried into him. "I miss him.."

"We all do.." Rex kissed his cheek. "We just gotta be strong..that's all.." he smiled and held him close. "We can do it..."

Kanan sniffled. "I.."

"We should have a little funeral for him..have a tombstone by his parents.." he wiped kanans tears.

Kanan nods a little and stood up with him, getting everything ready with the others and Kanan and Zeb put the tombstone next to ezras parents, he frowned and watched. "I'm sorry Ezra..please forgive me.."

Rex held his hand and smiled. "I know he does.."

Kanan sniffled and then placed his hand on his shoulder.

Ezra smiled and rubbed kanans shoulder. "I never blamed you Kanan. Enjoy your life, I wanna see you be happy.."

Kanan opened his eyes and frowned, looking behind him. "Ezra..?"

Ezra waved. "Hi." He smiled at the others.

Kanan got teary and hugged him tightly. "I'm so sorry.."

Ezra chuckled. "You did nothing wrong, enjoy your life okay? I wanna watch you live it with Rex, and I wanna see a baby coming from you jarrus." He laughs.

Kanan smiled and rubbed Ezras back. "You were the best padawan ever..And I'm grateful you were in my life.."

Ezra smiled and snuggled close, then smiled at the others. "I'll watch you guys too, don't forget about me okay? Come visit me at my grave once in a while, I'd love to here stories." He smiled and waved. "Love you guys.." he faded.

Kanan looked down.

Rex rubbed his back. "Let's get home.." he kissed his cheek and walked home with Kanan.

Kanan sniffled and laid in bed, curling into a ball.

Rex sighed and got into bed, kissing his head. "I love you.."

"Love you too..." Kanan snuggled close and fell asleep.

Rex smiled