Sick day

Takes place after the liberation of lothal.

No ones POV

Rex woke up to the sound of Kanan coughing. "Kanan?" He rubbed his eyes and looked over, seeing his wife all pale and sweaty, black bags under his eyes. "Honey?" He shook him carefully.

Kanan sniffled and looked up at him. "Mm..?"

"You're sick aren't you?" He grabbed a thermometer and sat Kanan up carefully. "Put this under your tongue."

Kanan did so without any fight.

Rex frowned and rubbed his back. "How on earth did you get sick?" He looked at the temp. "102.7, most likely the space flu, I'll see what we have." He goes to the refresher and pulled out a couple bottles of medication that could help fight the flu.

Kanan coughed harshly and held his throat.

Rex heard the coughing and quickly went to the kitchen, he started to make some tea and then brought that along with the medicine to Kanan. "Drink." He helped Kanan drink the tea and take the pills.

Kanan looked up at him tiredly and held his hand weakly. "Rex..." he coughed.

"Alright..let's get some nice new blanket and sheets onto the bed. Huh?" He smiled and helped Kanan onto the couch in the living room and put their sheets and blankets into the washer and then cleaned the bed and put brand new sheets and blankets onto them. "There we go." He goes to Kanan. "You're all sweaty, how does new pjs sound? But how about a bath so we can get you cleaned up?"

Kanan nods a little and sneezed.

"Bless you." He turned the bath water on and smiled, filling it with bubbles and helped Kanan get undressed, then sat him in the tub and cleaned him carefully. "There we go.."

Kanan coughed and looked up at Rex tiredly. "T-throw up..."

Rex frowned and grabbed the bucket, getting ready.

Kanan went over the side and threw up into the bucket.,

Rex grimaced, rubbing his back. "Easy..." he set the bucket down. "You're really sick huh love?"

Kanan sniffled. "Tired.."

Rex picked him up and got him dried off and dressed into new pajamas. "Okay, bedtime for you." He laid Kanan in bed and smiled. "Night my love.." he kissed his cheek, then laid a cool cloth on his forehead.,

"Night..." Kanan slowly fell asleep.

Rex sighed in relief and went and made Kanan some soup, then walked into the room and put the soup aside. He looked at Kanan and frowned. "Kanan?"

Kanan moved around in the bed, then woke up screaming. "No!!"

Rex held him. "Hey, easy, easy.." he rubbed his chest and laid him down. "Just a nightmare okay..? Nothing to be afraid of..I'm here now."

Kanan nods a little and sniffled.

"I got some soup okay? You gotta eat something.." he sat by the bed and fed Kanan the soup

Kanan ate and sniffled, then refused anymore after five bites. "Sleep.."

"Alright my love, get some rest.."

Kanan closed his eyes. "Love you.." he fell asleep.

"Love you too.." Rex smiled.