Joger: I'm Helping

Roger tears up dropping the note he falls to his knees a sob leaves his throat his cheeks burn with tears. He heard the wind chime flutter and there was a man with coal colored wings standing beside him, “You finally understand?”

Roger nods his head still crying, “T-This is my suicide note, t-that’s blood.” he drops it his vision blurs when he looks too far to the right, 

“Come on now, it’s time to go.” 

Cold wind blows Roger’s hair nearly covering his eyes but he fights it back sputtering and swatting at it like it was a pesky bug, “I don’t want to go!” Roger cries, “Plese don’t make me!” he begs the winged creature.

“You must, your clock has stopped ticking.. everyone’s time runs out, dear.”  

Roger shakily stands up. He's about as graceful as a baby deer on a frozen lake right now, “Who are you?” Roger asks, realizing he doesn’t actually recognize the winged creature.

“I’m your guardian angel, John.” a few black feathers fall off John’s wing littering the already messy flat,

Roger reaches out and their hands brush against each other John’s warm he feels living, “I didn’t even leave a legacy behind! How am I going to be remembered.”

“You left behind your research for the dentistry. That’s your legacy…. A legacy is like planting seeds in a garden you never get to see… that’s what you did.”

Roger sniffles shaking, “It’s not fair.” his vision blurs as he looks to the right again.

“Come on.” John says tossing his brunet hair over his shoulder,

“Before I go tell me how did I end myself?”

John looks over Roger’s body laid sprawled on the floor wrists slit down to his elbows and a small marking on his neck he managed to make before dying, “You sliced your arms and attempted to slice your neck open.”

Roger cries and clings to John sobbing into his chest, “Why d-did I do it!”

John didn’t know if he should open old wounds he grabs Roger by his shirt and flies out of fhe apartment his dark wings flapping rapidly as he took off, “You truly want to know why?”

Roger nods trying to calm down all his memories seemed erased, “You’re fiancé man you’ve dated for over six years and been engaged to for a year, you found him cheating on you with one of his students.”

“Please tell me they weren’t underaged.” Roger’s voice was soft almost desperate sounding,

“She was sixteen. He was thirty. He got her pregnant while you guys have been trying to for five years… you suffered two miscarriages before then and you were pregnant when you passed, almost two months along.”

Roger screams and wails his whole body shakes as the painful memories rush back to him, giving him an awful headache. John has to grip onto him as they or he would drop down, which wouldn’t matter he’s already dead,

“Please give me a second chance!” Roger begs, 

“I’m not god.” John replied calmly, “You have to ask him yourself.”

“Take me to him.” Roger whispers.

John covers Roger’s eyes and next thing Roger knew they are in a office covered in cat pictures, “God?” Roger asks the tan man sitting at the desk,

“God, Buddha, Allah, Hashem. I’m called many names.”

“But you also have a human name, Freddie.” John says giggling,

“Yea, call me Freddie if that’s easier.” Freddie says looking at Roger, “What brings you here? You shouldn’t be hear until you’re 92.”

“I-I killed myself, Freddie… I don’t want to go Heaven… or purgatory..”

“I’ll send you to hell.” Freddie says,

Roger’s jaw drops, “What? Is it cause I’m gay?”

“No the devil needs a mate, you're perfect for him. His human name is Brian good luck.”

John goes to protest but Roger is transported away in a cloud of pink. John knew he had to get his human back. He falls down there cracking his halo some and almost breaking a wing. He slinks around avoiding the mysterious black gunk that plagued the land. He nearly got his foot stuck in it a few times after that he just decided to fly around.

He caught sight of Brian’s castle and quickly entered perching himself in on the window like a bird, “Roger?”

He falls in landing about as graceful as a startled moose he listens out for the blond, but he can already smell him. He smells Roger before he sees him. Roger smells of leather, chapstick, and cheap aftershave.

“Roger!” John flutters his wings and reaches for him Roger grabs onto his embrace.

Brian walks out a towel around his waist he’s drying his hair with another towel, “Another one?” Brian looks done, he swishes his tail like a cat, “I told Fredrick I don’t want a mate.”

Roger clings to John, “I don’t want you either, you bigged horn devil!”

“That’s not really an insult you know?” Brian laughs touching his horns which were like a ram’s, “If Fredrick keeps sending me mates tell him I’m sending our son Lucifer back along with Azael.”

John nods, putting an arm around Roger, “I’m keeping this one. I want him to be with me.”

“Alrighty then. Keep him.” Brian says, “I’m going to kick Fredrick’s ass.”

Brian poofs away in a cloud of white still only in a towel, “What?” Roger asks, 

“Nasty breakup.” John shakes his head, “Now, I’m only doing this once so hope you enjoy it.” John kisses him, erasing Roger’s memories and he sends him back in time so he can live. Roger will wake up in the 1920s under a false set of memories, just like John wanted.

 Now it was up to John to erase the memories of Roger from god and his ex-boyfriend the devil. It’s all fun and games until you got to try and kiss god. John really hated his powers. He flies back up to Heaven with a new mission under his wings.