Sydger: Family Time

Syd paces around the room Roger comes out of the bathroom with their daughter Jonsey in his arms, "Syd it's just her knees are banged up." 

"She could have been harmed!" Syd whimpers, taking their girl into his arms.

Jonsey snuggles him bouncing a little, "It was a bike accident she's learning." Roger tells him.

Art Credit: My gf Tumblr: paulmaccahhh

Art Credit: My gf
Tumblr: paulmaccahhh

"Park?" Jonsey asks shyly,

"I don't know, sweetheart you did fall off your bike and…" Syd trails off seeing her puppy dog eyes, "Oh alright, just this once."

Jonsey runs out the door to where her bike was kept, “Come on dada! Come on papa!” she calls, “You’re too slow!” she whines once she realizes they aren’t right behind her.

Roger carries a picnic basket to her and Sud walks with the mini first aid kit. Roger gives Syd a look, “What anything can happen!” Syd reminds him.

Roger rolls his eyes, giggling as they walk behind Jonsey as she pedals on her bike barely going fast, a jogger passer her with no problem.

“Anything can happen.” Roger mocks playfully.

Syd gives him a death glare; he hugs the first aid kit to his chest. The small family make it to the park with no casualties or battle wounds, “See she’s fine.” Roger says setting up the picnic stuff.

A squeal and the sound of a bike hitting concert sounds out Jonsey is on the ground tears eyed as her strawberry theme bike is being dragged by an older kid. Syd rolls up his sleeves, “Syd, baby what are you going to do?” Roger asks getting up.

“Going to beat up a 9-year-old.” Syd says storming over there.

Roger winces and quickly follows after making sure Syd doesn’t get a criminal record, Syd yanks the bike from the kid’s hands and starts screaming at him. Tearing him a new one the poor kid was starting to cry but Syd didn’t stop until the kid ran off to his family.

Syd scoops up Jonsey in his arms and carries her to their picnic spot, he fixes her bee theme rain boots and sits her down. He cleans up her hands and cleans up a scrape on her hand, “There we go, my sugar dumpling.” he kisses her head, “You’re all cleaned up.”

Jonsey whimpers and cleans her nose on her father’s band t-shirt she borrowed, “Daddy.” she sniffles.

Roger kneels down and gets her one of the pudding cup out of the basket, “Here love eat this. Get something on your belly.”

Jonsey nods and eats happily seemingly forgetting about her bike almost being stolen. She kisses her fathers’ on their cheeks and heads off for the playground equipment.

She waves over Roger to push her on the swings since she wanted to be a big girl now and didn’t want to use the toddler swings, “Look papa, daddy, I’m flying!” she yells, her head tossed back, eyes closed. She looked peaceful as her long black hair floats around her like a halo. Soon she wants to run to the small flower patch and pick flowers she sticks some in her fathers’ hair and puts a lot in her hair, “Do I look pretty, papa?”

“You look like a million bucks.” Roger tells her screwing the cap back onto his coke bottle.

Jonsey giggles, “Silly papa, I’m not money.”

She then skips around proceeding to scream sing a song she wants her daddies to perform at their next concert, “If we perform this at our next show we’re getting canned.” Syd whispers to Roger.

Roger hushes him and asks Jonsey for another song which she scream sings,  Syd gave his feedback and even claps during one of the “songs” she “sang”. She ran around some more after her mini concert, Roger rounds her in for their picnic and the family eats hungrily.

Syd noticed something she’s eating that looked colorful, “Sweetheart?”

“Yes daddy?” Jonsey says swallowing whatever she was eating.

“What did you eat?”

“A crayon!” she says proudly as she looks up at him,

Syd had that look on his face first time parents get when none of their parenting books nor their friends’ stories could prepare themselves for, “Well…. uh, Was it tasty?”

Jonsey nods her head, “You want one, daddy?”

Syd shakes his head rapidly, “No thank you! The picnic was so filling,  it was impossible to eat another bite!”

Jonsey nods her head sadly and goes back to eating crayons which have to be taken from her soon after. About an hour after that Jonesy is being carried in her daddy’s arm as he drags her bike behind him, poor thing was all tuckered out after her big long adventure. They weren’t even out of the park before she was snoozing softly her face pressed into Syd’s chest, “I love this.” Roger whispers softly looking between his husband and their daughter.

“I love it too.” Syd kisses his cheek, “Maybe we should make another one.” he teases.

Roger slaps his arm playfully and gingerly, “Oh hush you know I only want another baby once Jonsey’s in school. Don’t give me baby fever again.”

Syd chuckles and manages to unlock the door, “If baby fever means endless rounds of sex, I’m all in for it.” Syd sticks his tongue out a little, “Don’t think about Jo playing with her baby sibling, their first Christmas together, how they’ll always have each other as friends.”

Roger huffs and puts Jonsey into her bed Syd carries on, “Shopping for baby clothes again, me lovingly rubbing your bump as I pound into you from behi-“

“Enough,” Roger says looking down at him, “My body my choice on what I do with it. Jonsey won’t get a sibling until she’s at least in kindergarten.”

“Alright, alright,” Syd holds his hands up in a mock surrender, “Now let’s go lay down and cuddle.”

Roger smiles faintly, “No funny business, okay?”

“I promise.” Syd stands on his tippy toes and kisses Roger on the cheek, “Let’s go.”

And they went into their bedroom to snuggle each other and maybe do some necking but a little girl interrupted them and demanded cuddles from them which they happily did. Syd and Roger were so happy to have their baby girl, their family was complete for now.