Maylor: Happy Little Accident ⭐

18-year-old Roger comes out of the bathroom in tears holding the pregnancy test in his hand. His 20-year-old boyfriend Brian looks alarmed and rushed over, "Honey?"

Roger sobs holding the positive pregnancy test in his face making Brian go cross eyed trying to read it, "I ruined our futures!"

"No you haven't. I'm still going to college only this time to support our baby and you." Brian's kisses him and dries his tears, "Unless you want an abortion."

"No!" Roger screams cradling his flat stomach protectively, tears still trickled down his cheeks, "Mine."

"Ours." Brian says lifting up his shirt and kissing the firming stomach,

"Communism." Roger mutters calming down and becoming his old self.

Brian laughs and scoops him up, "I love you baby boy."

Roger pouts, "I love you too."

Brian pecks him on the lips and smiles wide, "I can't believe it, we're going to be parents!"

Roger giggles and smiles, "Yeah, we're going to be parents!"

And so their little two bedroom flat became the start of their family home. Brian uses spare wood from his wood working job and makes their baby a handmade crib, Roger learns how to make blankets and in his spare time between studying for his college classes he makes baby blankets, small ones, large ones, multi colored ones, you name it he made it. They are penny pinching hard to make everything alright for their baby, but they will make sure their little one has everything.

Roger soon starts wearing Brian's clothes as his belly gets more swollen and protruding as the months go on, they can't afford maternity clothing so Brian's clothes will have to do. Roger adds the last cost of paint to the walls, it was a bright sea blue and sea animals are hand painted onto it,

"Roger, look what I got for our little one." Brian calls stepping onto the nursery.

He pauses watching Roger rock in the rocking chair they grabbed from the dumpster, he's sitting rubbing over his bump and softly talking to it.

Brian kisses his head and sets the hand stitched octopus into the crib, "How's the little one doing?"

"Mm, " Roger yawns and stretched, "Little kicker. Making me all sore. She likes the rocker."

"She huh?" Brian teases, "Who said it's going to be a girl?"

"Well I'm carrying high, so it's a girl." Roger justifies struggling to get out of the rocker,

"Wasn't your mother carrying high with you?" Brian says teasingly,

"Fuck you and your dick!" Roger bellows finally getting out of the rocker red faced and sweaty.

Brian gets him to calm down with the promise of getting frozen yogurt later. They eat at a small frozen yogurt shop Roger has six cups while they are their chatting and eating,

"Okay how's this if it's a girl you owe me 20£ and if it's a boy I owe you 40£." Roger declares licking his spoon,

"Fine, it's a deal, blondie." Brian shakes his hand and he smiles seeing the promise ring shining on Roger's finger, they made another deal way back into their early days of living in the apartment, no weddings until they have a proper house and financial stable. So Brian got him a promise ring, promising to marry him as soon as they get everything "proper".

Soon it was Roger's due date and he had a healthy baby boy, much to Brian's amusement. Roger did fork over the money and it went into their house funding jar.

"What do you want to name him?" Brian asks he felt tired they been in the hospital for two days before their baby boy decided to crown,

"Daniel..." Roger yawns and covers his mouth holding their son in his other arm so he can nurse, "I can't think of any good middle names."

"James? Daniel James Taylor-May."

Roger smiles and looks down at their curly brunette haired son, "I like that."

They take him home and all he does is cry once dark struck. Roger rocks him in his handmade crib; the clock in the hall told him it was 3AM last time he walked by and he's only gotten half an hour of sleep. Brian comes in with his acoustic guitar he pulls up a small stool and begins to play, "People smile and tell me, I'm the lucky one."

Roger smiles and keeps rocking Danny, "And we've just begun. Think I'm gonna have a son. He will be like she and me. As free as a dove"

Danny nurses on his paci face red from crying but he's stopped looking in the direction of his parents but he doesn't have the muscles developed yet to move it to the side, "Conceived in love. Sun is gonna shine above."

Roger joins in with Brian's singing, "Even though we ain't got money.
I'm so in love with you, honey. And everything will bring. A chain of love, oh, oh, yeah."

Brian smiles wide looking at his family, "In the mornin', when I rise. You bring a tear of joy to my eyes. And tell me everything's gonna be alright. Seems as though, a month ago, I was Beta-Chi.... Never got high."

"Oh, was a sorry guy. Now, I smile and face the girl. That shares my name, yeah. Now I'm through with the game. This boy'll never be the same. And even though we ain't got money."

Roger sushes Brian little Danny was asleep little snores escape him and the two back out quietly and as silently as possible. They sneak into their bedroom Brian eases the guitar back onto the wall, he gingerly touches it. The old thing is covered in stickers and memories, "Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar. We'll have it good." Brian promises climbing into bed and placing a chaste kiss against Roger's lips.

They fall asleep and Roger's up early with the baby. Roger leans over Danny's crib, the boy holds his finger and Roger tears up, smiling, it doesn't feel real. Danny gives him a small smile squinting up at his mother. Roger gets him fed, changed, and back down in his crib since it's still super early barely 6AM. The infant holds his mother's finger fast asleep Roger smiles, "Don't you ever grow up." he whispers, turning on the nightlight and going downstairs to make some breakfast.

Almost a year passes Danny's sitting in the living room chewing on his blocks, "Hey sweetheart." Roger places down a plastic bowl of Cheerios in front of him.

Danny giggles and shoves a handful into his mouth spilling most into the plush bear fur carpet, "Mama!"

"Everything's funny to you huh?" Roger teases tickling his chin making him squeal and laugh.

Brian comes home from work the floorboards creak and the door groans in protest it's hard to come in and out quietly in their flat. Danny crawls as hard and as fast as his fat legs can take him, "Daddy! Daddy!" then he's standing running to father as fast and as clumsily his chubby legs will let him,

"Danny!" Roger squeals darting over so happy for him. Roger can feel himself tearing up, "O-Our little boy is growing up."

Brian squeezes his hand and loves on their son, Roger hugs Danny tight. He never wants to forget this.