Maylor: Falling For You

Roger paces around Hell’s castle, he looks up to the Devil, a man with curly long hair held tight in a ponytail he stops in front of him. He knew the Devil was known to be incapable of love. Roger is determined to romance the living hell out of him.

“Hey would you mind giving me a map,” Roger winks and fires ginger guns at the Devil, “To your heart?”

He glanced at Roger for a second with a blank look on his face before walking around him and continuing down the hall to his castle, Roger quickly turns around and ran to walk beside of him,

“I’m sorry, but it’s just that I got lost,” Roger explained before winking with another set of finger guns, “in your eyes.”

The Devil sighs and looks down at him, “If I go on a date with you, will you please shut up?” annoying the Devil until he goes on a date with you is a win in Roger’s book,

“Alright Mr. Devil or should I call you by your human name, Brian?” Roger asks,

“Brian works fine.”  Brian says, losing his tail and horns, “Let’s go to the human realm.” his voice was raspy.

They eat at a small restaurant. Roger seems so happy and giddy to be with Brian, “Human food is disgusting.” Brian put down his hamburger in disgust spitting the piece he chewed on in a napkin, 

“You can always order vegan.” Roger suggests.

Brian orders one and he enjoys it a lot more than the regular burger, who knew the Devil was vegan? The two walk to a park Roger holding Brian’s hand swinging it a little and complimenting his nail polish and how fabulous it was.

Brian sighs, shaking his head, “Can you tell me why you’re in hell again, please?”

Roger hums and pauses, “It was 1922, I was gambling and drinking. Then got into a fist fight with the bartender.. then I got shot… woke up in your office.”

Brian shakes his head, “That makes no sense! None of that would put you in hell! I’ve been trying to figure out what you did that was so wrong!”

“But before that I has sex with a hooker..”

“Still wouldn’t put you in hell-“

“A male hooker.” Roger finishes,

“Goddamn it!” Brian screams, grabbing Roger by the shoulders and slamming him into the tree, “That’s it!”

“What?” Roger sputters,

“That’s why you’re here! I figured it out after five decades!”

“It’s because I’m gay?” Roger asks, 

“God is always trying to hook me up with gay people! You’re like the tenth one!”

Roger looks confused as Brian is shouting up into the sky for God to come down which earned them a few looks as Roger tries to shush him.

A thud was heard and a young tan skin man dawned in white and gold steps out of the wooded area, “What is it Brian?” his hair was long and curly, “I’m in the middle of adding another crazy animal to the land of Australia.”

“Freddie,” Brian growls, “Can you quit trying to hook me up? I don’t have time for romance.”

Freddie grins like a Cheshire Cat, “Yes you do! I’ve found love and I’m motherfucking God!”

Brian rubs the bridge of his nose, “I’m the Devil for a reason.”

Roger just looks at Freddie stunned and Freddie notices, “What? Did you think God was fair skinned?” Roger nods his head, “Religion started in what is modern Indian, my son. I’m not going to be white.”

Roger nods, “Oh okay.”

Freddie squeezes Brian’s shoulders, “My little devil friend, Roger is the one for you. Please trust me.”

Brian huffs right as Roger delivers another cheesy pick up line that makes Brian want to pull his hair out and put Roger on hot coals. But he decided for once to listen to Freddie on this and welcomed Roger more openly after that. One day roughly a few years after their little date Roger asks from his seat, “Tell me how Hell and Heaven was created again.”

“We were made with a bang just white space surrounded us it was only Freddie and I. We fought like cats and dogs and we created our own worlds.”

“Then Freddie gave birth to your son, Lucifer.” Roger says softly,

“He was an angel then he fell from Freddie’s graces…. He tore Heaven and Hell apart and started his own realm we have dubbed purgatory he’s not strong enough to cause a war thankfully.”

Roger looks down, “I want to give you a son, we can raise him to be good… we can name him-.”

“Excuse me!” Brian bolts up from his chair cutting off Roger, “Roger-“

Roger kisses him and slowly Brian kisses back grabbing onto Roger’s waist, “You don’t want to carry my child. It will be painful for a human.”

Roger grabs onto him, he’s never seen the devil look so flustered and red faced, “Please I love you, I really love you.”

Brian looks into Roger’s ocean blue eyes, his angelic blond hair, his button nose, his plump pink lips, his fair skin. He’s so angel like it hurts, he deserves to be up there with Freddie and enjoy a labor free lifestyle, he’s had a rough upbringing and now he’s dead, he should be able to rest yet here he was in hell begging the Devil to impregnate him with his seed. And as Brian gazes down at Roger and the wanton stare he has for the young devil. Brian swallows his mouth feeling dry, he felt like it was the beginning of time again and he didn’t know what to do, “I-I love you too.” that’s the first time he’s said that in eons, he’s only said that to Freddie before their fall, before Earth even has humans and still was filled with dinosaurs.

They kiss again and Roger’s back hits the side of Brian’s desk, and yet the young devil can’t help falling in love with his angel Roger, Roger’s his poison now that’s filling his veins making him crave affection and love. Roger finally got what he wanted, he’s having the devil’s baby.