How The Seasons Start (Not Band Related)

I ran out of time for a second one-shot so enjoy this short story I had to write for English class a few days ago.

Pluto steps through the portal to the human realm. He pushes his dark hair back, warm brown eyes survey the scene, he appears to be in some type of bustling city no one seems to pay him no mind, how was he supposed to find Proserpina in this mess?

Every century Proserpina would dart into the human realm and make Pluto find her, before autumn and winter could start. And depending on when Pluto found her there was sometimes an early autumn or a late autumn. Sometimes it's the "perfect autumn" not too late and not too early. Now she loves to make it difficult to find her, she loves to make Pluto search for her. Every century it seems to get harder.

Pluto clears his throat and steps in front of a man with a big rectangular device with something sticking straight up out of it against his ear,"Excuse me, sir? Where am I?"

The man barks at him, "New York." Pluto gets shoved nearly falling over into the gutter, he remembers to cause that man an early death.

Pluto dusts himself off and pushes himself down the sidewalk through the throng of people littering the streets. He has a feeling he knows where Proserpina is, just got to find a park or a nature reserve.

"Oi! Oi!" a couple wave their arms getting Pluto's attention, "Parli italiano?" the man asks.

They think Pluto is Italian like themselves. Pluto sighs, "Mi dispiace di non parlarlo bene." he manages to use his powers to help him speak to them.

The couple nod they still ask if he knows where a certain restaurant is. Pluto manages to help them with broken Italian and odd hand gestures. The couple leaves happily and Pluto continues his walk. He got stopped a few times asking for directions, asking if he's Italian or is he Greek, asking where the best locations are. Pluto fibs a bunch and tries to direct them to others, he finally makes it to Central Park.

He looks around for a woman with a flower tattoo since tattoos have become normalized for women Proserpina got herself a flower tattoo. Every century it's a new tattoo this century it should be really grand this time. Pluto searched around, it was so crowded this summer, how does anyone have fun here?

Pluto is thankful the heat doesn't affect him much, sure it's a little warm but he isn't bright red guzzling water and cold treats like he sees the humans doing. He comes to an area with not many people. There's a beautiful woman with fawn skin burned and freckled under the summer's sun, sitting in the grass feeding squirrels and pigeons out of the palm of her hand, her auburn hair is cut short in a nice pixie cut. She looks so happy being with the animals.

Pluto's eyes look over what bare skin she's showing in her strapless yellow sundress, a gorgeous flower tattoo trails from her shoulder down to where her hand is. A beautiful display of summer and spring flowers.

"Proserpina," Pluto calls the woman's head snaps upwards and she squints in his direction before breaking out into a huge grin,

"Hey, Pluto!"

Proserpina runs over holding a pigeon in her hands, "Me and Hubert were discussing how long it would take you to find us!"

"Hey it's only the middle of September." Pluto chuckles ruffling her hair gingerly in the sunlight it looks reddish a beautiful red,

"That's still fairly late ya know." she stands on her tippy toes and boops him on the nose, "Do I have to go right away? There's still so much to explore!"

Pluto shakes his head, "Proserpina," he says sternly, "Come on now, I'll allow a special trip next spring for you to come back here."

Proserpina pouts, she places Hubert on her shoulder and takes off running down the footpath, "You gotta catch me first before I go back with ya, Plut-Plut!"

"Proserpina!" Pluto sighs before taking off in a run, "Proserpina! Get back here right now!"

Proserpina steps to the right and Pluto goes sailing past her landing in the pond. Pluto spits out a frog and shakes off the lilypad off his head, "Is your deal still up? Can I go to the human realm next spring?" Proserpina asks cheekily.

Pluto glares at her and stands up, he's two feet taller than her. He picks her up, "H-Hey! Hey!" she kicks and jerks.

Pluto drops her into the pond, "Oopsie, I'm not used to my weak human strength."

Proserpina glares up at him, her makeup now running down her sunburnt freckled face, "I hate you."

Pluto leans down at her face level, "You know you love me, doll." he makes a kissy face at her.

Hubert bites his crooked nose and Pluto screams and swats him off. The pigeon lands back on Proserpina's shoulder and flutters his wings, "Stupid bird." Pluto huffs rubbing his sore nose.

Proserpina crosses her arms, she pouts, refusing to get up out of the pond now. Pluto shakes his head rolling his eyes he looks into her forest green eyes,

"Alright, Proserpina, we can't stay really got to go. The humans won't stop talking about this "global warming", let's prove them wrong. You like proving the humans wrong."

Proserpina stands up, "Okay. Fine, I like seeing humans be wrong."

Pluto opens up the portal up blue flames shoot out of it and they barely dodge it, "You really got to work on that." Proserpina sasses,

"Oh hush." Pluto laughs.

He holds open the portal, "After you my, queen."

Proserpina chuckles, "Such a gentleman you are, my king."

She steps through and Pluto looks around the human realm; he notices it's cooling down now. Soon autumn will set it, he's done right. With a sigh he picks up Hubert off the ground so Proserpina won't cry about it later, Pluto knows his wife very well by now. The Roman god of the underworld steps through the portal, and autumn starts.