Queen: Who Wants to Live Forever

Freddie "Fredrick" Mercury passed away on this day 29 years ago due to complications with AIDS and pneumonia surrounded by his family and friends. May he be at peace with his husband Jim Hutton-Mercury and their many cats. Rock on everyone.✌

Art Credit: Rachael B
Tumblr: eileen-crys

Roger tears up when he sees Brian he hasn’t seen Brian since he died of heart complications back in the winter of 2021, “R-Roger?!” Brian shouts running over to him like he’s youthful again,  

“Come on! Come on!” Brian says pulling him along Roger was confused why Brian was so hyper, they are dead they carried on the legacy for as long as they could, why can’t these rest now?

“Where are we going?!” Roger shouts over the loud humming that was starting.

“Shh come on.” Brian says, "I haven't opened the door yet I've been waiting on you. I hear him!"

Roger blinks slowly as they start passing through a door Brian’s long thinned grey hair was now becoming more fuller and turning back to its natural dark brown, Roger jolts when something touches his shoulder, it was his hair long and blond again, his face felt colder too, his beard was gone and his body was becoming lanky again. He felt himself get choked back as tears ran down his face, “Freddie!!” Roger screams, running to him once they were in the room.

He picks up Freddie in his arms and hugs him tightly, “Freddie, Freddie.”

Freddie nuzzles him, “Hey it’s alright, darling. I’m right here.”

Roger cries and hugs him tightly, “I’ve missed.”

Brian joins in the hug and nuzzles him, “Fred bud it’s been so long.”

Freddie touched Brian’s face gingerly, “Sorry I missed your wedding with Anita.”

Brian tears up, “H-How? I saved you a seat, still you were my honorary best man.”

 Freddie let a tear run down his cheek and he looks over to Roger, “And I’m sorry Roggie, sorry I missed out on being a godfather to your last few children, and I feel so bad that I missed out on naming them.”

Roger cries shaking his head, “I-It’s fine they got to know you through videos and stories. That’s all that mattered.”

Brian pets Freddie like he can’t believe he’s in front of him again, he’s not in any pain he has both feet and his hip isn’t broken, “Has John joined us yet?” Brian asks,

Freddie shakes his head, “He’s a fighter that’s for sure, “ the others didn’t know what he meant, “You still talk to him right?”

Brian and Roger look away, “No,” Roger says, “It was 2018 when we last talked to him. He said some harsh things about the movie and just ghosted us.”

“Oh,” Freddie says softly shaking his head, “I didn’t care much for the movie myself either, it painted me in a bad light,”

The others look at him but he doesn’t go on, “Care to play Scrabble?”

Roger gasps, “That’s Scrabble from the 70s, I recognize the box!”

“Good eye.” Freddie chuckled, setting the game up on the table.

They play a few rounds of Scrabble together, “Can I use an acronym?” Roger asks a cheeky grin on his face,

“Sure.” Freddie says, “Go nuts.”

Roger puts down, “WAP”, he starts to laugh like a little kid,

“What does that mean?” Freddie asks innocently he of course knew what it meant he just loved to see Roger get all flustered and red faced.

“Wet Ass Pussy.” Brian tells him even redder in the face he squirms in his chair feeling like a little kid in trouble with their teacher.

“Oh something you and Roger won’t be getting for a while?” Freddie teases only for Roger to throw a game piece at his head, 

“Jerk.” Roger sticks out his tongue.

"Bitch." Freddie laughs softly.

The doors open after the 20th round of Scrabble,

“John!” they scream running to him and hugging him.

He falls to the floor seeing Freddie, “I put myself back in the narrative.” he tells them.

“How many years had passed.” Brian asks,

“I don’t know I was 97 when I died.” John whispers his hands shaking, “I spoke out against animal cruelty.” he looks to Brian, “I kept our legacies alive.”

Roger hugs him tightly, “It has to be 2048 out there then.”

Another door opens up this time it wasn’t a plain wooden door it was a nice pretty blue door like they had back in their Kensington flat, “I opened a music shop so our music can be taught, I taught over hundreds of students,” John says softly staring at the door, “I helped get funds to erect,” he giggles at the word ‘erect’, “I got memorials put up for you guys and statues too.” John tears up,”I could have done more if I had more time,” he cries, “While Anita is alive we tell your story, she’s buried in Kensington Cemetery next to you Brian.”

The three thank him over and over again Brian cries a little, hugging him tight, “One last Scrabble match with our little boy, Johnny.” Freddie pinches John’s cheek making John swat at him.
The four reunited fully after 51 years apart soon the Scrabble match carries on a little longer than normal since Roger and Freddie are so competitive they soon finish up. They all hold hands as Freddie opens the door a small word box appears in front that reads, “Do You Want To Try Again?”

Underneath it was the words, “Yes, No, and Purgatory.”

“Let’s try again.” Roger says softly, “Try and make our lives better.”

Freddie presses the button and they are allowed to go through suddenly Freddie is standing in front of Roger and Brian they are in 1969, Freddie is auditioning to join Smile since Tim has now left the band,

“Well how did I do?” Freddie asks twirling the microphone in his hand,

Roger puts down the papers showing he was drawing naked women, “You're hired Freddie.”

Freddie beams this was the start of something grand that now will last longer if they do everything just right. For now they would have to wait two more years before John would join the band but it would be alright, because everything will be better now and no one will die young.That is their promise to Freddie to make sure he lives to be old alongside them and hey maybe outlived them all. But for now it was a waiting game.