Jimercury: Freddie?⭐

vampiregirl2131890 Here's Your Request

Brian walks down the footpath to where the guesthouse is. He picks up littered beer cans and other garbage that some litter bug didn't care to put in a bin.

He grimaced at the overgrown bushes and shrubs making a note to cut them before summer ended. Brian stumbles backwards as blinding lights of red, green, and blue. He rubs at his eyes and looks around.

He pauses seeing Christmas lights strung up haphazardly across the roof and walls, inflatable Santas littered the yard like an army. Then there were Easter eggs scattered about donned in red and green and a mechanical bunny with a Santa hat glued on was dragging itself across the yard with a horrid mechanical screeching sound. And there was fircrackers pointing upwards to the sky. 

Brian takes a step back overwhelmed by the mess his once beautiful guesthouse once was. It looks like someone is trying to celebrate all holidays. Even the American ones.

 Which only means one thing, Freddie. He was obsessed with America and Japan, he loves to blend their cultures with his but now it was getting out of hand.

Brian's eyes look around, finally spotting the plaid shirted man named Jim that was Freddie's beau. Jim was standing in front of the house sipping coffee, “Jim?” Brian says, “What’s all this?”

Jim shrugs, “I don’t know.” Jim looks around, “Freddie is having a manic episode. So.." Jim gestures to it all.

“And?”

“He’s decorating for the holidays.” Jim gestures once again,  “Or at least I think so.”

A glass turkey with a pilgrim’s hat clangs against the window making the boys look over. There’s Freddie’s face squished against the window fogging it up with his breath hands pressing the turkey against the glass. He waved at them before disappearing behind the curtain leaving behind a drool trail and fog, 

“Yeah he needed something to do.” Jim nods as Freddie smacks some window stickers onto the bay window that were Thanksgiving theme, 

“Jim?” Brian tries to get his attention staring at the overload of decorations.

“Yes?” Jim questioned looking up at him, 

“What country are we in?” Brian asks rubbing his head.

Jim raises a brow sipping his coffee, “England? Why?”

Brian tosses his hands up, “Where the hell did Freddie get Thanksgiving decorations?!”

Jim shrugs, "O think Roger sent him some when he was doing a tour of English speaking countries."

"Why English?" Brian asks,

"He didn't want to learn a new language." Jim takes a swallow from his mug.

They watch as Freddie shoves a porcelain baby Jesus into a potted plant that was decorated like a Christmas tree, “He’s not even Christian!” Brian exclaims, “Where did he get Jesus?”

Jim shrugs, “I don’t know man. I’m just enjoying my spiked coffee.”

“Spiked?” Brian asks alarmed Jim's meant to be taking care of Freddie after all.

“I added whiskey.” Jim says nonchalantly, “It's rough having to remove all the decorations down. So I numb up… plus I’m Irish.” he downs it and heads inside Brian at his heels.

“Babe, your dad is here.” Jim yells,

Freddie comes racing into the room he’s in his long yellow jumper and it doesn’t look like he has any trousers on, “Dad!” He hugs Brian tight and loves on him, “Dad!”

Brian hugs his son tight and kisses his head, “Come! Come! You both! I made lunch!”

Freddie pulls them along into the dinning room where a nice bowl of dark soup is, “It’s vegan beef stew!”

The three men sit down to eat. Freddie slurps a spoonful of it, “Daddy can you pass the pepper?”

Both Brian and Jim reach for the pepper shaker and both men stare at each other. Brian glares that protective dad look and Jim shrinks back. Brian tosses the pepper to Freddie and it boinks off his forehead and falls into his soup.

Freddie rubs his forehead and whimpers, “T-Thank you.”

Freddie wipes off the pepper and puts it in his soup, “Freddie you know it’s July right?” Brian asks. 

“It’s never too early to start decorating.” Freddie waves his spoon before plunging it into his bowl making some spill onto the white table cloth.

"You're messy." Jim chuckles trying to clean up the spill.

Freddie giggles his warm brown eyes glowing, "I got some news!" 

Jim and Brian both look at him. Jim chuckles knowing what the news is, "We're adopting a cat!"

Brian grins and beams, "My first grandbaby!" he hugs him tight.

Jim smiles and ruffles Freddie's hair, "Her name is Delilah." 

Brian beams, "A very lucky kitten is going to have a new sweater knitted!"

They all laugh and hug before Brian goes home for the night. Next day a brand new calico kitten was delivered to Freddie. She had a pretty blue bow on and was the light of Freddie's life.

Brian made Delilah a knitted sweater like he promised to and got his hands muled trying to put it on her. But his grandbaby was warm and that's all that mattered.

Freddie would carry little Delilah around in a pram and had her bundled in a blanket on cold nights. He was very happy with her. Even when Freddie had bad depressive episodes Delilah was laying on him belly pressed against his head and purring loudly bathing his head with her scratchy tongue.

She was like a service cat to him and gave him her utmost attention. Freddie did feel better during his depressive episodes now that he was with family and his beloved kitten.

Freddie couldn't have asked for a better life. He didn't feel unwanted or unloved, Jim even married him and together they gave Brian a real grandchild a little girl named Grace-Lynn. She was the apple to her grandpa and fathers. She may not understand why mommy got very hyper or very sad sometimes but she made sure to play games with him and cuddle him. Freddie was so lucky to have them in his life, he wouldn't change this for the world.