Platonic!Froger: Baby Boy ⭐

vampiregirl2131890 Here's Your Request

Roger’s head jerks up, “Male, nine years old, bmp under 80, Indian, collapsed during school.”

Roger runs from his desk and heads to where the EMTs are wheeling a boy through the ward, it’s his son Freddie. It must be his Cystic Fibrosis, he’s gotten used to seeing all the tubes and wires sticking and prodding out of him, used to seeing his baby boy with an oxygen mask on wheezing and begging for more medication, but this time it seems worse.

“Excuse!” Roger follows the other doctors and nurses as code blue and code resus is called, “Excuse me!”

A small Asian nurse leaps onto the bed and starts chest compressions on Freddie as the bed is wheeled and they finally stop at a room. Freddie’s in and out of it, he nearly flatlines, if it wasn’t for the nurse never stopping her chest compressions he could be a goner.

Roger’s shaking, this is the worst one Freddie’s ever had. Roger’s seen it all as a nurse, he’s seen mangled infants, shattered pelvises and legs on backwards, he’s seen a teenager with a shard of glass sticking out of their head after being thrown from their car, and he’s seen many many stillbirths, he’s seen a elderly man with his intestines barely kept inside of him, he’s seen gangrene on diabetics, he’s told a woman who lost her husband only a week early from a crash car, that her baby boy isn’t coming home either. But nothing prepares you for when it’s your own child.

Roger is sent running around ragged trying to get everything his baby boy needs and when his shift is finally done. He collapses down in Freddie’s room he can’t help but cry. Sobs rake through his tired worn body, he holds his son’s hand who isn’t even awake yet, all he can do is have hope which is something he’s told not to give his patients’ relatives.

“Hey Freddie,” Roger’s voice is soft and shaky. He's finished crying his eyes out, “I remember when I first brought you home.” he chokes back a sob, “You were the tiniest baby they ever seen. I could hold you with o-one hand.”

Roger brushes his baby’s dark hair out of his face, “You’re birth parents couldn’t afford your treatments, they left you behind to die.. they services brought you in and I adopted you a month later.”

Roger eyes the heart machine and hits the page the nurse button, “I love you, Freddie. Daddy loves you so much.”

The machine begins to flatline and Roger starts chest compressions the best he can, he’s shaking he never thought he would be doing CPR on his own son. He can feel his vision blurs as he’s pulled away and doctors start more advanced treatment. Roger’s begging them to do whatever they can to save him, they manage to get Freddie’s heart beating again, and the lad is rushed into intensive care.

Roger’s staying by Freddie’s side, he doesn’t eat, he doesn’t sleep. He shocks Freddie’s heart into working again, he’s basically the only thing keeping Freddie’s heart going. A nurse steps into the room one day, “Roger-“

“Mary don’t,” Roger shakes, “It’s his tenth birthday today. I don’t want it ruined.”

“He’s not waking up, Roger. You need to face the truth, we can’t keep shocking him and drugging him to keep him alive. It’s inhumane.” Mary says walking over to the machines, “It’s time to say goodbye.”

Roger shoves her into the wall, “No!” he guards the machines, his shirt is stained with sweat and filth, he hasn’t bathed in a month, “You’re not taking my baby boy away!”

“Roger.” Mary says sternly rubbing her shoulder, “You’re no longer in the right of mind. It’s his time.”

“No,” Roger shouts spitting in her face, “They told me he’ll live to forty-eight or forty-seven!”

“The lucky ones do.” Mary says calmly, “The lucky ones live that long, Roger. Fredrick isn’t one of the lucky ones.”

“P-Please let me say goodbye then.” Roger’s voice breaks and he slumps his shoulders in defeat.

Mary leaves the room letting Roger say his final goodbyes to his ten-year-old son. Roger cries like a baby shaking him and crying on his chest, “My baby, my, please wake up. Come to me.” he presses his ear against Freddie’s chest, “Please, wake up. I don’t want to be alone.”

There’s nothing Roger hits his chest hard, very hard. It was a fit of upset and angry that his baby isn’t going to wake up, won’t see him get married, won’t see him have kids, won’t see him graduate high school. Won’t see him get his first job, it was all too much for Roger. He knew he would be burying his baby but not so soon.

Then there’s a coughing sound followed by a wheezing Roger’s head snaps forward and Freddie’s eyes are open, he’s gagging and coughing trying to get air more properly in. Roger hugs him tightly and Freddie speaks for the first time in a month, “Y-You stink daddy.”

His baby was awake! The doctors and nurses all called it a miracle, one nurse said Freddie must have a guardian angel watching over him. Roger was just happy to have his baby boy back. It took more medicine and more treatment but Freddie was allowed home, and Roger made sure his 10th birthday was a huge banger since he almost didn’t make it to ten.

Roger makes sure to take extra special care of Freddie and monitors everything. He wants his baby to live life to the fullest. And Roger will have to work harder and make sure Freddie has everything he needs. Roger can’t wait for Freddie to grow up and have a happy life, but for now the little one needs extra time and attention to keep himself alive. And Roger’s more than willing to help, even Roger’s mother is helping him and Freddie out. And with all their efforts and sheer will and power, Freddie lives to be fifty-five married and has three adopted children and one grandchild. His life was full until the very end.