Chapter 19 - Back To School

HAPPY NEW YEARS, EVERYONE! I hope you all had a good holiday! It's been a bit, and I have missed all of you. I was going to make a holiday special, but I was busy with another project. Any who~ Thanks for 9K reads and enjoy!

The next day, I left the hospital and got one of Dad's workers to drive me home. Bakugo brought me my work from when I missed it and let me tell you I'm never going to miss another day. He helped me finish it but very violently.

Waking up the next morning, I got ready and walked outside while holding a cane to help me walk. While walking to school, Bakugo made sure I was safe by threatening every person we passed. We arrived at the front gates, and I left to get myself a coffee. When I got to the vending machine, I saw the purple hair guy. I walked up to him and said, "Hey, been a bit".

"Yeah, it has- What's with the cane!".

"Accessoring". He gave me a, are you kidding me look. "Fine, I overused my quirk".

"You're in class, 1A?".

"Yup".

"D#mn it's gonna suck if I take your spot".

"You're that confident?".

Then my body went numb, and I couldn't move, "Yeah, I have a pretty powerful quirk. Now you should head to class". With that, I started walking towards the class. I finally stopped in front of the classroom door. What the f#ck?

However, I wasn't able to think for long as Yaoyorozu opened the door, "Oh my goodness, (Y/n) your back!". I waved at her, and she hugs me.

"(Y/N)!", the class shouted. Everyone ran to the door to greet me. I was genuinely shocked that they were all so excited to see me. Everyone started talking at the same time that I couldn't understand anything.

"EVERYONE STOP SURROUNDING (Y/N)!", Iida yelled from the back of the crowd.

The class moved, and I was able to walk inside and make it to my desk. While walking, I saw Bakugo sitting at his desk with his feet up looking down at his phone but glancing in my direction every once and a while. Once getting to my seat, everyone was worried about coming up to me except for Ashido who ran up to my desk. "How are you feeling?".

"Okay... I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I had to do a lot of makeup work... How about you guys?".

"We were really, worried. That creepy villain dude tried to kidnap you". I dropped my coffee on the floor and just stared at her. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?". I continued to stare at her with a blank expression

"I think you broke her...", Kirishima said.

"(Y/n)! (Y/N)! Please say something!".

"Everyone takes your seats!", said Aizawa as he walks into the classroom, still covered in bandages. The class slowly moved to their seats; I continued to stare. Aizawa looked at me and asked, "Dent? Are you alright?". Finally, I came back to reality and looked over at him, and nods. "Welcome back, now-".

He talked about preparing for the sports festival and marketing ourselves to the world. Then normal classes started, and everything was going okay. I was able to keep it but, that's not saying a lot. Lunch came around, and as I got up Ashido came up to me, "Hey... sorry about upsetting you earlier".

"It's okay, I was just, taken back".

"Wanna join me for lunch?".

"Sure", we walked together to the lunchroom and got our food. We arrived at the table and saw Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, and Bakugo. They smiled and greeted us except for Bakugo, who just grunted. "So... What exactly happened after I passed out?".

Ashido replied, "So... All Might started attacking the bird guy, and the dude with the hands said something none of us could hear and the mist dude then moved right under you, and before anything could happen Iida grabbed you". We continued to talk, and then lunch ended.

While leaving the lunchroom, I saw Iida walking down the hallway. "Iida!", I yelled from the other end of the hallway.

He turned around and speeded over to me; "(Y/n), no shouting in the hallways".

"Sorry... I just needed to talk to you".

"You could have just waited when we got back to class".

"But it's important".

"What's so important?".

"Thank you".

"What?".

"Thank you for saving me during the USJ attack".

"Oh! umm... Your welcome?", I when to class and we were training for the sports festival but I wasn't allowed to use my quirk. During training, I was trying to get used to walking without my cane; however, that was going to take a while. Finally, once training was done Bakugo had to leave without me since his Mom needed him.

As I was getting all my stuff together at my desk someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with Yaoyorozu. "Hi, how's it going".

"(Y/n)", she said, but her voice sounds very upset.

"Hey, are you okay?", She was holding back tries, and I started to panic, "What's wrong?".

"I was so worried...".

"Yao-". She wrapped her arms around me and gently hugged me. I hugged back, and I could feel her arms shaking.

"I'm so happy you are well", She pulled away, and I could see she was crying. "You could have gotten kidnap. You could have died". Letting a shaky breath, she continued, "I know it doesn't seem like a care but-".

"What! No! Thank you for caring, but really I'm fine, Yaoyorozu".

"Please.... Call me, Momo".

"Okay, thanks Momo".

"Would.... Would it be alright, if we walk home together. I just want to make sure you are ok-".

"Yes", she smiled over to me, and the two of us walked out of the room together. We got to the train station and rode over to my stop. I got off, and she followed after me, "You don't have to follow me".

"I know! It's just... I'm worried. What if you fall? Or get attacked? Or-".

"Alright then, let's get going. I don't want to hold you up for too long".

We walked through town until we got to my house. I unlocked the door and opened it for the two of us as Milo ran over. He happily jumps on my leg and then greets Momo, "Oh my! Who is this?", she said as she picked up Milo and carried him inside.

I close the door and answer, "That's Milo".

"Hello Milo", She squished Milo close to her chest and held him up so that he could lick her face. I could feel my heart dying watching that adorable site. After Milo down, she looked at her and turned to me, "I need to go, or I'm going to miss the next train. Thank you for letting me walk you home".

"Of course, thanks for joining me", She left, and I started to make dinner for myself and Milo.

Momo POV

I leave (Y/n)'s house and head back to the train station. I get on the train and take a seat right next to one of the windows since it wasn't that busy. Usually, I don't take the train. My chauffeur drives me home, but I was just so worried. My whole life, I was given everything that I wanted. I worked hard to improve my quirk and learn as much as I could about heroes, but I never had a friend before. I was so isolated that I never made friends before.

But now I have my first ever friend!

Then memories flooded my mind of the USJ attack. Seeing her collapsed on the floor with the villains trying to take her made me so angry. The first-ever friend and they almost get kidnapped by villains. However, now she is back, and I can protect her. I'm not going to let anything horrible happen to her.