Chapter 46 - Captured

Bakugo POV

"Let's return to a clip from the UA press conference that just wrapped up." The reporter said while Mr. Aizawa, Vlad King, and the principal bound their head to the camera.

As they stood back up, Mr. Aizawa said, "We are here to apologize. A recent incident allowed harm to come to 27 first-year heroes. And we staff were ill-prepared. We take responsibility for any trauma caused by our negligence. It's our duty to train heroes, but also to protect heroes in training."

Cameras lights flashed over their faces as the reporters started to ask questions. "Since the beginning of the year, UA students have had four encounters with villains. This time, there were students who were gravely injured. How did you explain this to their families? And what are some of the specific steps you're taking to ensure their safety in the future?"

We will increase patrols around the school ground," Nezu said, "and review security measures within the school. The safety of UA's students is our main priority. Make no mistake about it."

Mr. Aizawa started to speak, but I was more focused on the Shigaraki while he said, "Isn't that strange? The heroes are becoming the bad guys. Seems like they're not dealing with this very well at all. So, much criticism. But everyone makes a mistake or two, right. It's not like they're supposed to be perfect. Modern-day heroes sure have it rough. Don't you think, Bakugo?"

"Once a hero receives payment to protect people, they aren't a real hero anymore. That's what Stain's actions taught us," said the gecko.

"A hero in this current system only cares about money and glory. And since society buys into those idiotic rules, anyone deemed a loser is shoved aside. So, we want to pose some questions. What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly fair? Soon, everyone will be asking. That's when we'll know we've won. And you like winning. Don't you?"

That piece of sh*t.

"Dabi. Let him go."

"Huh? You know he'll just fight."

"It's fine. We're recruiting him, so we should treat him as an equal. Besides his smart enough to know he can't take us all, right? And it would be a pretty stupid move since he doesn't know where his friend is."

3rd POV

At the press conference, another reporter stood up to ask a question. The reporter looked at his notebook and read of it, "You spoke about keeping the students safe, Eraser head. But according to our information, you encouraged them to fight during the attack on the training camp, putting them in grave danger. What was your reasoning for this?"

"I concluded that because we didn't know the full situation. Allowing them to use their quirks would help avoid the worst possible outcome."

"And would that outcome be? Do you think 25 victims and two kidnapped children is a win for UA High?"

"I assure you that things could have gone. Much more poorly. I feared every student would be tortured and killed in the end."

"Most of the victims were harmed by the gas attack. We've determined it to be the result of a poisonous quirk used by one of the villains. It's thanks to the quick action of Ms. Kendo and Mr. Tetsutetsu that injuries were kept to a bare minimum. Additionally, we're providing mental health counseling to every student though, at the moment, we do not see any signs of serious psychological trauma."

"So you've found a bright spot in this tragedy?"

"we're relieved that an entire class of burgeoning heroes still has a future.

"Can you say the same for the abducted,(Y/N) Dent and Katsuki Bakugo? Dent is the child of the number two hero in the US. What happens if your relationships with the heroes in the US are damaged. And Bakugo enrolled at your school with excellent marks and went on to win the sports festival. Before that, he survived the attack of a powerful sludge villain who eventually had to be taken down by All Might. The boy obviously strong and heroic. On the other hand, the violence he displayed in the finals and his attitude at the awards ceremony both showed that he can not control his temper. What if this is the real reason the villains kidnapped him? What if they're brainwashing Bakugo right now, pulling him towards the path of evil? How can you set there and tell us he still has a future."