Chapter 43 - Test of Courage

Day two of training, and again we had to get up at an ungodly hour. We were training again, and I was teleporting a rock around.

I heard Mr. Aizawa say, "Hey, remedial group, keep at it."

"Yes, sir," Kirishima replied while having his head forced up by Mr. Aizawa's scarf.

"Sorry, but I need more beauty rest," Mina added, still half asleep.

"Who knew yesterday extra lessons," Denki said.

"Would go on until two am in the morning," Sero added.

"And start back up at seven," Sato said.

Poor Denki. I don't envy you guys.

"I told you it would be tough. Remember you're, not just improving your quirks. You're also working to improve the many weakness I saw in the finals. Think carefully about why you're more tired than the other instead of whining. You have much to improve here." The group grumbled out a response. Mr.Aizawa looked over to Aoyama and Ochaco, "The same for you. Your team didn't fail, but you were very close. I say you past the proverbial finish line by only a hair."

"That bad?" Ochaco asked.

"Don't lose focus. Each of you can move faster! And no matter what you're doing just remember where you started from. Don't forget who you were before UA. Always keep in mind why you're sweating and why your limits keep getting tested. That's what it means to improve."

Then Midoryia ran over to Mr. Aizawa and asked, "It's already the third day of camp."

Mr. Aizawa jumped down to where Midoryia is, "Weren't you listening? Stay focused."

"I was just wondering if All Might- I mean, the other teachers from UA will be joining us?"

"Like I said before, we out here. To keep the camp a secret from the villains, hardly anyone knows where we are."

"That's why you get to work out with us four Pussycat," Ragdoll yelled.

"And think about it. We believe All Might is one of the League's targets, so we can't have him here. It's for your own safety. For better or worst, that's what he gets for standing out so much." Mr. Aizawa then grunted loudly.

"Meow. Meow. Meow. More importantly, tonight gonna be fun!" Pixie bod yelled. "We're pitting classes against each other in a test of courage. I know you've been training hard today. And later, you'll get to play hard! How's that for a reward? Not slack now! Make sure you keep on pushing yourself as you work!"

No! I want to sleep!

Later we finished training and started to head to camp to start cooking. I was one of the past few to get there. As I walked, Kota ran over to me. He handed me a cup of water. I take the cup and smile at him. He runs off towards his hideout and continues to camp.

I was on cutting vegetables with Bakugo. He was much better at it than I was. Ochaco walked past us and watched in surprise, " Oh! Bakugo! You're really good with that knife! It's weird."

"What do you mean 'it's weird'!? How can you people be so d*mn bad at everything!"

"Look at that, he's not blowing anything up," I said.

"I'm too tired for this." I heard Kirishima moan from behind me.

Then I heard Midoryia talking to Todoroki about Kota. Something about wanting All Might to show Kota a hero. Then Todoroki added that Midoryia prying into other businesses is annoying. However, I couldn't hear that much because they were too far away.