Chapter 7 - Why Do I Keep Messing Up?

I walked through the streets of some of the back alleys of the city. This time I was trying to be a little more sneaky. Fixing my wig I turn a corner and then suddenly I felt someone looking at me. Looking around I saw nothing and just ignored it.

As I continued walking closer I heard something behind me. I turned around to look what was behind me I saw shoved up against the wall of one of the buildings. Pain surged through my body as I weakly look up to see a man staring down at me. He had piercing grey eyes that were staring down at me with an evil look. I tried to fight his strong grip around my hoodie collar. After ripping off my mask, his other hand was grabbing something from his back pocket. Before he could grab whatever he was about to grab I toke the pocket knife out of my hoodie pocket and stabbed his hand. He jolted backward with his now bleeding hand and I was very thankful that I decided to bring a knife. Taking the knife out of this back pocket and was about to run at me but was suddenly crashing into trashcans.

I was very confused until I saw floating red feathers. That was when I put it all together before I slipping further away into the alley a voice came out the darkness, "Hey are you okay?".

"Yeah, I'm f-", Before I could finish my sentence I felt a throbbing pain in the back of my head. I rest my hand on the back of the hand.

He was holding creeps body and looking at me with disappointment, "I need to take his guy to the police station. I'll be back soon to help you".

"I don't need your h-", Another rush of pain hit me.

"Clearly not. I can't just leave you in this alley", He looked up then looked back down at me, "I'm gonna take you up to my office and I'll be back soon". After he said that a bunch of feathers flew out and created a makeshift chair beneath me. As he started to walk away the 'chair' started moving upwards.

Before I could get off I was already ten feet in the air. I was debating teleporting away but if I remember correctly he can sense things through is feathers. Breaking from my thoughts I look around and was now slightly higher than most buildings in the area. I looked out at the horizon and saw the shining golden lights of the building in the area. At that moment I felt weightless and I soared above the city. Then the fact that I was sitting on a tiny platform in the middle of the sky. I don't have a fear of heights but I think this would terrify anyone. Thankfully before I could fall my feet landed on the ground of this balcony. After I got off the and put my knife away the feathers they just kept floating there. Of course, I am a glutton for punishment so I grabbed one of the feathers. I never realized how sharp his feathers are until now. I glided my hand over the not sharp part of the feather, "You probably shouldn't do that".

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!", I wiped my head around and Hawks standing right behind me. And when I mean right behind me I mean right behind me. We were roughly six inches apart and all I could spell was fried chicken. The feather flew back to him as I awkwardly take a step back, "uuhhh... Hi".

He chuckled and the two of us walked inside his office. Then he walked out of the room before coming back with a bag full of ice. He gave me the bag and I set the bag on the back of my neck and sat down at one of the chairs. He then takes a sit on his desk and focused his attention on me, "I'm gonna cut straight to the point, what is going on?".

"What do you mean".

"I mean is that you yesterday you just vanished into thin air and now your back at twelve-fifteen at night".

"Well you see. That guy has been following me around for a while now and I was trying to get your help but before I could tell you he used his quirk to teleport me away".

"Bullsh*t".

"IT'S NOT BULLSH*T!".

"Okay then, how did you get onto my balcony last night? Why are you wearing a wig and colored contacts?".