Chapter 58 - UA Festival

The days crept forward since Night Eye has passed. The teachers let the students go to Night Eye's funeral. It was difficult sitting through that hold ceremony knowing the things I do. In the end, I ended up sobbing near the end. Uraraka, Tsu, Kirishima, and Midoryia all comforted me, but that didn't help me.

We went back to class as usual. One morning, Mina was showing off her dance moves. Mineta started screaming about how Mina was wearing a skirt, so I punched him hard on the head. Mina tried to teach Midoryia and Aoyama, but they could barely move their arms on beat.

Mr. Aizawa walked in and told us that the school was holding a school festival. Finally, my mood lifted a little bit after a month of being sad. Iida and Momo started writing down ideas on the board. Everyone had a drastically different idea that no one could agree on one. We spent all of the class arguing.

RING!

"Decide by the end of the day, or will be doing my idea: A lector."

We all shiver at the idea. The class started talking about what we're going to do, but the raid team had to go for extra classes.

Mr. Aizawa was talking about something that I don't know about. It was too late to be learning. Near the end of the 'class', Mr. Aizawa looked to Midoryia and me. He said, "Eri, ask to see the two of you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, this is the only thing she has asked for since waking up. She seems concerned about you two and Togata."

The next day, we headed over to the hospital with a basket of fruits. Before we entered her room, Mr. Aizawa told us, "She feels trends amounts of guilt because of the whole event. You can't tell her about Sir. Night Eye."

Mirio and Midoryia sat down as I cut Eri an apple. "All this time, even as I had a fever, all I could think about was how much you did for me. How you save me, but I don't even know what to call you." Eri said as she looked at Midoryia. "I know Lemillion's and (Y/n)'s names, but not yours. So, who are you?"

"I'm Izuku Midoryia. My hero's name is Deku. You know what, Deku's probably easier to remember since it's shorter. So yeah, I'm Deku."

"A hero name?"

"It's like a nickname, sorta."

"Deku."

"Right."

"So, Lemillion, (Y/n), and Deku. And then, there was a man wearing glasses. All of you ended up getting hurt real bad because of me." Pain shot through me. This poor girl. "It's all my fault. All the terrible stuff that happened. I'm so sorry." So looked over to Mirio. "I'm sorry that you lost your power because you were protecting me."
Thankfully, Mirio comforted her. After his heartfelt speech, Eri tried to smile. However, she couldn't. Even though she has escaped, she's still haunted by Overhaul.

Then Midoryia came up with an idea. Eri could come to the UA festival. We all cheered up, and we started talking about how fun it would be. The three of us left while brainstorming how will get the principal to agree.

The next day, the three of us were getting ready to go to the principal, but Mr. Aizawa stopped us. He said that he was going to ask the principal. Midoryia and I left with our heads hung low. We spend all night making an argument. All that work for nothing. On the other hand, Mirio was his cheery self.

As we left, we saw Hado with Ms. Midnight. Hado looks over and smiles, "Hey, guys! How's it going?"

Mirio walked over to her, "Good. Mr. Aizawa is talking to Nezu about letting Eri come to the festival."

"Really, YAY!"

I noticed that Ms. Midnight was holding a sign-up sheet. "What's that?" I asked.

Before Ms. Midnight could reply, Hado cut in, "It's a sign up for the beauty pageant!"

"Beauty pageant?"

"Yes," Ms. Midnight said, "I came up with the idea so that female hero could get more attention."

Hado looked over to me with a big smile, "You should join!"

"What?" I asked.

"You should join! It will be so fun! We'll be able to hang out more!"

She grabbed the sign-up sheet and pushed it to me. I looked over to Midoryia and Mirio, and they both gave me a thumbs up. "I guess so." I grabbed the pen and signed.

Later that day, we ran back to help out with the planning for the festival. As we ran in, everyone was deciding roles. I was chosen to help teach the dance team.

The month we prepare for the festival. I was running in-between practice and getting ready for the contest. Even though I was pulled quite thin, it was nice to be free from my thoughts. One day, Eri came over to visit. I was preparing for the talent show with Kendo. Being the only first years in the pageant, we became pretty close.

Finally, the day came the UA Festival. I had to get up early to get ready for the pageant, and Tsu got up to help me. Just as Kendo was arriving, we had to run out of there to prepare for the performance.

The festival opened up while we were all getting changed. Everyone was ready, but Midoryia. Everyone anxiously waited for him to get back as the time grew closer. Aoyama ended up leaving to go look for him.

Midoryia finally showed up with only a few minutes left.

Then the performance started. We all got out on the stage and got into position. The show started with Bakugo making an expulsion, and we started our routine. Kyoka's voice filled the gym as the crowd danced along. Then Aoyama began to fly around, and confetti started to fall.

I looked through the crowd and saw Mirio and Eri. For the first time ever, I saw Eri smile. Now all this work had been worth it. For at least one moment, we helped her forget about her past.

The crowd left the gym, and we started cleaning. Eri came over to Midoryia and me. She started talking about how great everything went. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Thanks to the other classes, we got to enjoy more of the festival. Tsu and I quickly ate and ran off.

I quickly changed into my dress and watched from the wings. I was going right after a fish girl from the second year. Then I was called to the stage. I ended up doing an acrobatic performance mixed with teleporting and some dancing.

I checked my breath as everyone else went. I got changed and enjoyed the festival with everyone else. Everyone was pulling me around to join them in what they were doing. So I saw everything. We all took a quick break to see the winners of the pageant. Hado won, and she was on cloud nine. She cried as the crown was placed on her head. I got second place but only because of my fans in the audience. Kendo got fourth, but she almost passed the girl in the third year.

As Kendo and I left the stage, Monoma standing in the doorway. He looked over to me and smirked, "You might have won this one, but I'll prove that Class B is superior!" He starts to laugh.

"Get out of my way, Monoma. You sound like a supervillain right now." I tried to push past him, but he grabbed my arm.

"Don't ignore me. The only reason you made it this far is because of you dad-AH!" Monoma fell to the floor while Kendo dragged him away.

"Sorry about him. See you later (Y/n)."

I waved goodbye and joined back up with my class, and we continued to go around the festival.At the end of the day, Mr. Aizawa, Mirio, Midoryia, and I walked Eri outside. Before Eri left for the hospital, Midoryia gave her a caramel apple. Mr. Aizawa and Eri left, so we headed back to the dorms.

As we walked back, Midoryia handed me another candy apple. When we walked in, everyone was waiting there. The rest of the night, we celebrated how well everything went.