Chapter 29 - The Hero Killer

I woke up and trying to forget about what happened last night. Getting dressed in my hero costume, I find Manual, who had breakfast for Iida and me. Halfway through eating, Iida walked out of his room, also wearing his hero costume. He sat down and quickly ate this food.

We finished eating, and Manual decide to show us some of the finer details of being a hero (the boring stuff). After lunch, we went on patrol until the sunset.

While walking on the sidewalk, Manual said, "We'll patrol Kyoto too. Sorry, this is so monotonous".

"Nope, you're fine".

"No, it's better this way".

Manual looked back and signed before saying, "Hey Iida, this is kind of hard to ask, but you're after the hero killer, aren't you".

Even though he was wearing a helmet, I could see the surprise on Iida's face, "How did you-?".

"I couldn't think of any other reason why you'd come to my agency. Uh, I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm really glad you did, but you shouldn't be pursuing persona; grudges. We heroes don't have the authority to arrest people or punish them. The only reason we're allowed to use our quirks is because of the regulations put on them. That's why no matter how noble the reason may be, a hero must not use their quirks for themselves. If a pro used their power for their selfish desires, it would be a very serious crime". Iida looked down, and Manual quickly added, "I'm not saying that the hero killer isn't incredibly guilty of your goal and ignore everything else".

"Thank you, I appreciate it".

"Oh! It's fine, as long as you get what I'm saying, so we are good". Manual then turned to me with a questioning look, "Though, I'm not sure why you're here? Are you after the hero killer too?".

"Nah, I'm just wanted to change of past. I'm so used to big cities. I wanted to see what it was like being a hero in a smaller city". He nodded, and we continued on your patrol.

Until it was night and Manual got a radio signal telling us about villains in the city. the three of us start running. We reached the part of the city where two of those bird things from the USJ. Then Manual looked around and said, "Where's Iida?".

I turned around, and he wasn't there, but I didn't have time to focus on that. One of the bird things threw a bus at me, and I teleported out of the way. The bus ended up starting a fire, and Manual was trying to stop it. I looked over and saw a familiar person with green hair. "(Y/n)!".

"Midoryia! What are you doing here?".

"I was going to another city when my train got attacked".

The two of us heard Manual yell, "Why did you run off by yourself! Where are you, Tenya!".

Another pro hero got in front of us and said, "You're in the way, kids. Get out of here".

"Right, I'm so sorry".

"We can hold these things back on our own. Evacuate with the others".

"I can't believe Iida would leave at a time like this!".

Then at the same time, something clicked in both of our minds. We turned to each other and said, "the hero killer".

The two of us started to bolt off in some of the back alleys in hopes of finding one of them. We ran until we heard someone say, "Goodbye child, may your death being in a better world".

Turning to the noise, we saw the hero killer. He was about to plunge his sword into Iida's head. I teleported over and managed to kick him back with Midoryia right behind me. "(Y/n)? Midoryia? How?".