Chapter 4 - First Night of Freedom

The next morning I come downstairs to see two bags next to the door. Dad and Griffin were sitting at the table eating. I walked over to the table and sat down to eat. Today was the day that Dad and Griffin are leaving back to New York. While I ate I had to lessen to my Dad ramble, "Alright I'm gonna set some ground rules for you. One, if the house is messy clean it. Two, deserts are not a meal. Three, no parties. Four, only three people over at a time. Five, no one over after nine. Six, no smoking or drugs. Seven, no drinking alcohol. Eight, don't get pregnant". 

"So... girls are okay?".

"(Y/n) I SWEAR!". 

Before Dad could continue, Griffin cut him off, "Uhh... Dad, we have to go soon".

Dad nods and goes put his plate up in the sink and he walks back over to me. He pulled me into a huge hug then looked at me directly into my eyes, "I'm going to miss you so much. Stay safe, okay".

"Okay". 

He then walked over to his bag and pulled out a folder. "I have decided that you will have another assessment. The details are here. Read this today and start the mission tonight", Dad said as he puts the folder on the table. 

Griffin walked over to me and hugged me from the side, "Going to miss you Blink. Stay safe and remember to not tell anyone about your mission".

"Do you think I'm that dumb?".

"Yes".

"HEY!", He walked away as I gave him an angry glare.

All three of us walked outside and saw the cab waiting for them. The two of them hugged me and got into the cab. It drove off as I wave them goodbye. (My characters are leaving and not coming back for a while. I know it can be annoying when authors focus too much on their characters.)

As I walk back inside I go over to the table and see the folder. I open it up and start reading:

"Your assignment is to spy on some of the heroes. You are going to follow them around and find some of their weaknesses. You'll leave when it is the night to their Hero Agency and stalk them until midnight. Then you'll come home and report anything you got". So all I have do is stalk some heroes that will be easy. So who's the Her-. As I read the next part my heart stopped, "You will be following Hawks until I send you an order to change targets". Sh*t. Why? WHY HIM? I groan as I stare at the paper. 

I sign and put the folder away in one of the drawers. I had the day to myself since Bakugo and Todoroki were at school. I have already finished my school work for the year before coming here. It was a month of absolute hell but I finished everything and passed. For the rest of the day, I played with Milo and watched my favorite TV shows and some youtube.

-Time skip to That Night-

When Bakugo got back home, we trained until dinner where the Bakugos invited me over for dinner. Which is very nice of them since the whole afternoon I was getting my butt kicked.

After that, I went home and got ready to go out. I went to my closet to get a wig and my bathroom for color contacts because I'm a nerd that cosplay. The wig was a (second favorite/color) color that was much (longer/shorter) then my normal hair and the contact was (f/c) color (If one already that color then change it to its complementary color). I grab a navy hoodie, black jeans, black combat boots, and finally a choker because it matched the aesthetic. Running downstairs, I grabbed my phone from downstairs and saw a text from Dad that said, "I assumed that you read the folder. Good luck and don't forget to cover your face". So I grabbed a pair of sunglasses and a mask(stay safe everyone) before pulling up my hood and headed off.

It took me about five minutes to teleport over to his agency. I got there and it was pretty empty. Most heroes have already left to go home. I only see one light on in the whole building. However, I couldn't see anything from the buildings around it so I have to teleport up there. Thankfully there was a balcony which made my job easier(I don't what hawk's agency looks like so I'm guessing). Landing on the balcony, I stealthy made my way over to the nearest window. Looking in I saw a big room with a large desk with mountains of paper and comfortable couches.

That would be totally normal if there was someone there, however, the room was completely empty. I began to spiral with thoughts of how I have already messed up my first f*cking mission. I was freed from these thoughts but in the worst way possible. "If you want an autograph there are better ways of going about it".

SH*T!

Turning around, I came face to face with the winged hero himself, Hawks. I MESSED UP! I MESSED UP! AAAAAHHHHHH!!! CALM DOWN (Y/N)! Calm down, think of how to get out of here. I can't teleport since he could figure out who I am, so I have to try to get out of his line of sight. I was so distracted that I didn't notice until it was too late. I felt one of his feathers pressed up against my neck.

"Alright. Lets cut to the chase", His persona then changed from chill to pissed, "What are you doing on my balcony?".

Hawks POV

The stranger continued to 'stare' at me. Well, I say 'stare' but I couldn't see any part of their face because of mask, sunglasses, and hoodie. So I reached down and grabbed the sunglasses and flipped the hood off their head. I still couldn't really see what they looked like because of the lack of light. "Get up and walk inside", I said as. They comply and stand up before dashing inside. I quickly follow behind them and before they can make any other move I pinned them down against my desk with my feathers. "You really thought you could get away?".

"No, but I had to try", they said.

"Well look at this! You can talk!". Now that I can get a good look at them I see that they obviously wearing a wig and color contacts. "Since now I know you can talk, you gonna answer some questions for me. First, what are you doing here?". I got to the desk and lean down to look at them in the eye. As I did I felt something. I don't know what. But it was something in the bottom in my chest. Was it their quirk? Or something else?

"Well-", They started to move their arm and I was about to pin their arms when I saw them flinch. A muffled grunt escaped their lips as their body winced.

I grabbed their arm and pulled the sleeve up. Their arms were cover in fresh bruises. Is that why they are here? Do they need help? I locked eyes with them once again and their eyes were full of fear, "What happened to you? Is this why you're here?".

My feathers went back to me as I back up to give them more space. They pushed off the desk and landed on the floor. The room was completely silent as the two of us stood there staring at each other.