Chapter 37 - Broccoli With a Side of Strawberries

Next week, I'm not going to update because I have final exams coming up.

Mina why?

She pulled inside the dance studio as I groan, "how did you convince me to do this?"

"Because you're my friend, and you love me."

The two of them enter and see the other people around. Most were around our age or younger.

The instructions welcome us, and we all start class.

"I'm never coming back." I huffed as I kneel after we finished the lesson. Everyone was sweating and tired except for the teacher, who was happily telling everyone how they did.

"Come on (Y/n)! It wasn't that bad."

"I feel like I'm going to vomit."

"We work out every day, but this what gets you."

"Maybe for you, but my training is just stamina."

"Whatever you, big baby. I'll get you something to make up for it." She grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. She yanking me across the street, I saw that we enter a boba shop, and we got in line.

Mina and I ordered. While waiting, I go into the bathroom and change shirts. After stuffing my shirt into my bag, Mina hands me my drink, and we head out.

As we leave, Mina gets a text, and she frowns, "I have to go. My parents need me."

"Later, Mina. Thanks for the boba."

"Of course." She ran at me, and her lips brushed the side of my cheek. Then she ran down the street, her face pinker than usual, "bye!"

"Bye."

Continue to walk home, I was stopped by police tapping off part of the city. I could see a villain currently fighting someone.

I was going to keep walking when I a familiar bloom of green hair. Pushing through the crowd, I came up to Midoryia and tapped him on the shoulder. I tried to get his attention, but he was too focused on the battle.

Finally, I got his attention and turned around, "Oh hey (Y/n)! How long have you been there?"

"A couple of minutes."

"Oh..." At that moment, the ground shook as another hero enter the battle. "Wow! Mount Lady!"

"Mount Lady?"

"How do you not know Mount Lady?"

"I only the top 10."

He looked like I had insult All Might. "How...?"

"I'm new."

"Oh right." Then a light went off in his eyes. "Do you want to introduce to some of the heroes in the area?"

"Sure."

He smiled and grabbed my hand, and lead me through the crowd. He happily talked throughout the trip. On the train. While walking. Even when, people gave us weird looks.

Once we reach his apartment building, he leads me to his apartment and lets me in. When I entered, I saw an older woman with green hair and eyes looking at me with surprise. Midoryia quickly came in and introduce us, "Hey, mom, this is my friend (Y/n). (Y/n) this is my mom."

"Hello, Ms. Midoryia." I reach my hand out.

She starts tearing up as she takes my hand. "Oh my goodness! My Izuku has friends!"

"Mom!"

"He was only friends with Bakugo, but he was never that nice to each other. I'm so happy your friend with my son." She smiled sweetly as she grabbed my hand with both of hers. "If you need anything, just ask."

"Thank you." Midoryia brought me to his room, which was plastered in All Might merch.

"I knew you were a fan, but I didn't know you were this obsess."

"What can I say? I'm a fan."

Then he pulls out his notebooks and starts explaining a lot of the heroes in the areas. It was cool but so creepy. The fact that his Notebook filled to the brim with every weakness of every hero in the area. However, it's very handy for me.

He talked for two hours until his mother came in and said, "Hello, I'm just coming to give you some snacks." She places the plate on Midoryia's desk.

"Thanks, Ms. Midoryia," I take one as she leaves. "Your mom is so nice."

"Yeah, but anyways about Fat Gum..."

-Timeskip-

Later it's around dinner time, and Ms. Midoryia asked me to say over. We all ate together, and the food was delicious.

"Thanks for coming over (Y/n), it was lovely to meet you."

"Lovely to meet you." I was about to walk out the door when I remember. "Midoryia, can I borrow one of your notebooks?"

"Huh? Uh, sure!"

We ran back to his room, and he grabbed one of his old books. "Hope you don't mind. I would give you mine, but I'm still working on that one."

"It's fine." He hands me the books, and I pull him into a hug, "Thanks, Izuku, see you later."

I left their apartment and went home smiling the whole time.

When I got there, I quickly started taking pictures of the notes of the heroes and sending them to Dad.

Midoryia POV

I watched you leave as a blush covers my face. You were in my room! YOU WERE IN MY ROOM! You called me by my first name! You let me ramble about heroes for hours!

I walk out of my room and see my mom closing the front door. Then she turned to me and smirked, "you like her, don't you?"

"What? No! I-."

"I can tell."

"I... Yeah."

"You should tell her. She seems nice."

"Maybe... I don't know. What if she says no."

"Then she says no, and you move on."

"Okay."

I got to my room and flop on my bed. I could confess to you, but you could say no. I didn't think I'll be able to handle not having you in my life. Hmm...

What if I see what she likes and change according. Then I would be her idle tip, and we could be together!